ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration of a child as british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nasir228
Newly Registered

registration of a child as british citizen

Post by nasir228 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi there,
I got my ILR and wants to apply to register my kids as british citizens on form MN1 under section 1(3) as they born in the UK when a was on tier 1 general visa. the questions i want to ask are as follows:
Q1
. can a solicitor who is not representing the kid can sign the form as a professional referee because it says on the form "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity such as a teacher , health visitor, social worker or minister of religion".
Q2. I have got the letter from home office saying that my application is approved but did not get the PRP Biometric Residence Permit yet, should i wait for the BRP to arrive or can apply my kids registration on the basis of the letter.
Q3. I asked my daughter`s school teacher and even headteacher, GP and Health visitor to sign the form but they refused can i make a complaint against them if yes then where and how.
Thank you very much in advance
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: registration of a child as british citizen

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Q1 - if the solicitor knows the child then it should be ok.

Q2 - Wait for the BRP

Q3 - Complain to who and for what? People don't have to sign as referee if they don't want to, it is their choice and right to say no. You cannot force them or report if they refuse. :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:03 pm

nasir228 wrote:Hi there,
I got my ILR and wants to apply to register my kids as british citizens on form MN1 under section 1(3) as they born in the UK when a was on tier 1 general visa.

Q3. I asked my daughter`s school teacher and even headteacher, GP and Health visitor to sign the form but they refused can i make a complaint against them if yes then where and how.
Thank you very much in advance
Regards
Referees can be held liable by the authorities for the reference they provide;

It is completely voluntary on their part if they wish to take the responsibility for that;

As professionals they will not take it lightly so its their choice if they wish to sign & vouch for the applicant or not.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm

CR001 wrote:Q1 - if the solicitor knows the child then it should be ok.

Q2 - Wait for the BRP

Q3 - Complain to who and for what? People don't have to sign as referee if they don't want to, it is their choice and right to say no. You cannot force them or report if they refuse. :shock:
Thanks CR001 for the the prompt reply but the problem is that though the solicitor knows the kids personally because he is my friend but he was never involved with the kids in his professional capacity as required and mentioned in the form on P20.

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 pm

hi all,
can a GP sing as a professional referee on MN1 form as it is (GP) not mentioned in the profession list
thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:20 pm

nasir228 wrote:hi all,
can a GP sing as a professional referee on MN1 form as it is (GP) not mentioned in the profession list
thanks
Hi

If a child is young than professional referee must know the responsible adult.

Read page 10 of following link.

I know this link is for when u apply for British passport but i think its also applicable for MN1 application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf

One of my friend had the same problem no teacher, health visitor even GP refused to give reference. Than one of his accountant friend signed child MN1 form and they got Registration certificate without any problem.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 pm

hi all,
can someone please tell me that do i have to fill the section 2 and section 3 of the MN1 form and have to give the details of last 5 years address and travel details for my kids and my self. I am applying under section 1(3) both my kids born in the uk and i got ILR alter Tier 1 general.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:34 am

You need to complete section 2 truthfully. Write the addresses that are relevant. If there is only one address, write one address. It is relevant to the dhild, not to you.

Section 3 is not applicable to you, it for registrations under sections 3(2) and 3(5) only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to complete section 2 truthfully. Write the addresses that are relevant. If there is only one address, write one address. It is relevant to the dhild, not to you.

Section 3 is not applicable to you, it for registrations under sections 3(2) and 3(5) only.
section 2 first question is what date you entered the UK but my son never left the uk since he born in the uk
and secondly could you please tell me what documents do i have to send with the application or if i want to use the national checking service what documents i have to take with me
really appreciate you help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Section 2, write his date of birth. HO are not stupid, they will see he was born in the UK from his birth certificate.

Child foreign passport if he has one
Childs birth certificate
Your passport
Your ILR BRP
Marriage certificate if the child was born BEFORE 2006.

The form lists clearly what is required to submit. NCS is a good idea.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 pm

CR001 wrote:Section 2, write his date of birth. HO are not stupid, they will see he was born in the UK from his birth certificate.

Child foreign passport if he has one
Childs birth certificate
Your passport
Your ILR BRP
Marriage certificate if the child was born BEFORE 2006.

The form lists clearly what is required to submit. NCS is a good idea.
thanks dear
just one more question someone told me that i can fill the Passport form and send it with MN1 form to get the passport and registration certificate together, Is it possible and how to pay the fee there is no payment section in the form

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:25 pm

I know there is a joint naturalisation and passport application for adults on form AN, I am not sure if it is available for MN1 as children can use 1 week fast track service for passport applications which adults can't.

Fee payment for passport is in the guidance booklet that comes with the form from the Post Office.

Form MN1 fee leaflet is the last page in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nasir228
Newly Registered

Post by nasir228 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:14 pm

CR001 wrote:I know there is a joint naturalisation and passport application for adults on form AN, I am not sure if it is available for MN1 as children can use 1 week fast track service for passport applications which adults can't.

Fee payment for passport is in the guidance booklet that comes with the form from the Post Office.

Form MN1 fee leaflet is the last page in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf
thanks a million :D CR001