ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record NFA ((NO FURTHER ACTION))

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buggs
Newly Registered

Criminal record NFA ((NO FURTHER ACTION))

Post by buggs » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:07 am

Hello guys, I got arrested 3 years ago, after about 5 hours they let me go since I was inoccent. When I run my criminal check it come up with NFA (NO FURTHER ACTION). Do I need to mention this in the application form for naturalisation as a BC.? Since I never went to court and there was no conviction, I don't think that I need to mention this.

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Re: Criminal record NFA ((NO FURTHER ACTION))

Post by mysteryteller » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi
In my opinion you do not have to declare unnecessary stuff.

Form does not suggest that you have to declare arrest but asks you to tick if you being convicted.
Depending how soon you have to apply , you can ask your record to be deleted from the police database if there was no conviction and depending on the nature of arrest, they might do early deletion.

Please see previous posts where a guy received his approval without any delays even though he had NFA and didnt declare it.

hope that helps

Firefade

Re: Criminal record NFA ((NO FURTHER ACTION))

Post by Firefade » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Its over 3years anyway,you won't lose anything if you declare it. If no caution is served then you do not have to declare.