ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London1986
Newly Registered

Redundancy

Post by London1986 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your time and help on this.

The company that hired me and organised my Tier 2 sponsorship has recently been acquired and I am anticipating being among the people who will lose their job during the transition.

I would just like to know how long after my employment ends will I be able to stay in the UK. Do I have to leave asap or can I live with my partner for a while (as an unemployed person).

Thank you.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Redundancy

Post by hassanh » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this. Your Tier 2 leave will remain active for at least two months. Once, your employer informs UKVI through sms system, then UKVI will right to you to curtail your leave and will give you 60 days to either leave the country or to find a new sponsor.

UKVI usually takes about the month time to issue the curtailment letter once employer has informed them. Practically, you get at least 3 to 4 months after your job finishes.

I hope you will be able to find a new sponsor soon.

Thanks,
Hassan

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:06 pm

After your last day with current employer, they need to inform HO about your termination. HO will investigate the case and takes around month time (it might be more based on situation) to take the decision. After decision, HO will issue your curtailment letter that will say you can stay in UK for another 60 days from the date of decision.

But in your case, I think you will come under TUPE. Refer to Tier2G guidelines for more details.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dendum.pdf

They need to compensate if they make you redundant, just becox it is being acquired by different employer. Check with them once and can wait for expert advise.

London1986
Newly Registered

Post by London1986 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Thank you both! This is really helpful.

kritimodi
Newly Registered

Post by kritimodi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 pm

We have similar case of redundancy and its bit more complex. We have job till 15th of June and my husband is looking for other sponsor now. My question is if my husband get the new sponsor, doest it mean that dependent wife and kids should also change the visa on same time. How long we as dependent can stay on old visa/sponsership as it involves cost and we have europe trip planned in May and passport can be a issue.