ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring my husband to PEO?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRplease
Newly Registered

Bring my husband to PEO?

Post by ILRplease » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:48 am

Hi all
I have my appointment for ILR tomorrow in Glasgow and have been a silent reader on the forum for a while. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and giving their time, it's really helped my application process.

I am applying under SET(O) after 5 years employment with my sponsor. I recently married a British citizen (by birth) in my home country (the US), though I have not notified the HO/UK government in any way.

Due to the long wait at the PEO and my likely nerves on the day, I was planning to bring my husband to the appointment for moral support.
My question is: Does anyone think it is a bad idea to bring my husband to the PEO as it might cause further questions? We have no reason to supply evidence of our relationship etc., I am just concerned that a random CW might start asking questions even though our relationship has nothing to do with my SET(O) application.

Anyone have any insight on this situation?

Many thanks in advance,

M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bring my husband to PEO?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 am

No issue at all. Your husband will be allowed to accompany you without any hassle.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRplease
Newly Registered

Re: Bring my husband to PEO?

Post by ILRplease » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:59 am

Excellent. Thanks for your quick reply!