ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General Visa Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poonam.vyas
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General Visa Change

Post by poonam.vyas » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi,
I am a Tier 2 Dependent visa holder and my visa is valid till June 2016. I have a job offer in hand but my employer has yet to go through the process of listing the job for 28 days to get my Certificate of Sponsorship where-in then I can transfer my visa to Tier 2 General.
Can I join them before they can get the CoS and my Visa ready, as I am currently eligible to work till June.
Also do I need to travel back to my home country for Visa stamping.

Thanks for the reply....

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General Visa Change

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 pm

As you are on dependent visa, you can work for them till June, 2016. In the meantime, let your employer get the license and done with the RLMT, so they can issue the restricted CoS.
Once you receive your CoS, you need to go to your home country to apply for visa.

perspolis
Newly Registered

Post by perspolis » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 pm

'ravisb_2014 ':
Do you mean she/he can't change visa inside the UK?
If someone dependent is already working with a company on dependent visa and at the same time the company applies for sponsorship for him/her does he/she needs to leave the UK to get visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:12 pm

perspolis wrote:'ravisb_2014 ':
Do you mean she/he can't change visa inside the UK?
If someone dependent is already working with a company on dependent visa and at the same time the company applies for sponsorship for him/her does he/she needs to leave the UK to get visa?
Yes, they will have to apply for a Tier 2 General as main applicant from home country. Tier 2 Dependent cannot 'switch' to Tier 2 G within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:41 pm

If your spouse or partner will be eligible for ILR under Tier 2, then there may be no point in you changing your category of leave, unless you are prevented from taking this specific employment under 319D(b).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.