ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage List

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

Shortage List

Post by mhib » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi,

I am currently exploring couple of opportunities from UK companies. The issue is that my work experience and university degrees do no match. While my degree is NOT on the tier 2 occupation shortage list, the bulk of my experience is in another discipline that is on the shortage list. The companies in contact with me are both interested in hiring me for a role that is within the shortage list, and I do meet all their requirements.

My question is would they have to go through the hoops of doing the Resident market tests, for a person with my degree? or would the fact that the role i applied to and they are hiring me for is within the shortage list override that?

Please note that I have over 2 years of UK experience in my adopted field.

Thanks,

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Shortage List

Post by iworker » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 pm

your degree doesnt matter.
in fact having a degree is not a requirement to get a job. The sponsor needs to be more comfortable with hiring a person without relevent educational background. if they are happy with your experience , it doesnt matter to ukvi.