ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple sclerosis and language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nardeeno
Newly Registered

Multiple sclerosis and language requirement

Post by nardeeno » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi all
My wife is in UK as spouse of eea national since 2007. She was diagnosed with remitting and relapsing multiple sclerosis in 2013. MS affects her memory and concentration and we have letter from UK consultant to support this in a wording that disease affects her memory and concentration which affects her ability to prepare for language requirement. My question is would home office accept this and waive the language requirement?thanks for all insights

noajthan

Re: Multiple sclerosis and language requirement

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:33 pm

nardeeno wrote:Hi all
My wife is in UK as spouse of eea national since 2007. She was diagnosed with remitting and relapsing multiple sclerosis in 2013. MS affects her memory and concentration and we have letter from UK consultant to support this in a wording that disease affects her memory and concentration which affects her ability to prepare for language requirement. My question is would home office accept this and waive the language requirement?thanks for all insights
Here is HO guidance on this matter - it relates to the LITUK test as well as proof of English:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- e.g. see page 9+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nardeeno
Newly Registered

Re: Multiple sclerosis and language requirement

Post by nardeeno » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 pm

thanks,that was helpful