ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knowledge_seeker

English language evidence

Post by knowledge_seeker » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello
I am applying for my Spouse visa extension, but a bit confused about English test. I submitted ETS TOEIC Certificate with my Spouse visa application which was accepted. Now according to Home office "If you sat an English language test before 6 April 2015 you will not have a SELT unique
electronic reference number. You may still be able to use your test with this application but only if
it was accepted as part of a successful previous partner or parent application."
However, ETS is not in the list of awarding bodies mentioned on the FLR(M) form. I have taken IELTS exam after 5th April but it was not UKVI IELTS. It is simple Academic IELTS. So, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use it.
Please help if someone has any experience with this.
Thanks

noajthan

Re: English language evidence

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:00 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks. But it still doesn't answer my question. :(
Thanks

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Also, I think it's for settlement category which is different to mine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:36 pm

The FAQs link posted is also relevant to spouse visas. It is only the level (A1 for spouse) that differs from B1 for ILR.

I would strongly suggest you do another test from an approved test provider. TOEIC and ETS are not accepted at all. I am surprised that you might not be aware of the ETS / TOEIC scam. See the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 73589.html

Your application might still come under scrutiny because of your use of TOEIC / ETS in a previous application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Your application might still come under scrutiny because of your use of TOEIC / ETS in a previous application.
Actually, the testing center where I had my exam was the only one accepted and recommended by Home Office in Pakistan at that time. So, that was the only option I had.
Thanks