ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules affecting existing HSMP approvals

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unileeds

New rules affecting existing HSMP approvals

Post by unileeds » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,
I am will be sending my HSMP application in next week. Once I get an approval (and I hope I will get it soon as its an incountry application) i am going on work to a couple of different countries, and will be back after xmas around first week of Jan. Does anyone know whether the introduction of new rules will make my HSMP null and void. In other words, if I wait till JAN to get my FLR done, and they introduce the new rules, will I get affected???

I am sure there will be others thinking about this as well. I dont want to spend £400 and then find that its been a waste.

Regards

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by ec_applicant » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:29 am

I dont think there would be any difference. The new approach is changed from from a security perspective. Also it aims at making things easy for genuine HSMP applicants.

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:45 am

But for people like me, who are making it through to 75, even a change in one of the pre requirements, will make us ineligible. SO this is a bit worrying for me, I definately cannot have my EC done before Jan first week. I wonder if the HO will honor previous HSMP approvals, even if they dont qualify under new rules. It has happened before. Anyone got any inside news or views!!!

And what do you mean by the security aspect. I am sure they probably have a secure system now, would be foolish to continue giving out ECs if they knew the system was not fully secure!!

Anyone else have any views or comments to this!!??

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:54 pm

Even reading recent comments by Liam Byrne, the suggestion is that the points thresholds are meant to be flexible, to be adjusted as economic (or political) circumstances demand. There's nothing that guarantees the points threshold against which you will be assessed; rather, you will have to meet the points threshold, whatever it happens to be, at the time you apply.

Given the current political climate and tone of discourse on immigration, I would wager that that thresholds would go up rather than down. If you are worried about the forward changes, perhaps you are better off waiting until the changes have been implemented, and evaluating your prospects then ?

AG

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:23 pm

Yes I agree, but it still doesnt clear my doubt. If I have a approved HSMP and the rules change after that, and I apply for FLR, will I need to satisfy the newer HSMP rules as well. Or will my HSMP approval letter be honoured for the FLR??