ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mag8891
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Mag8891 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for indefinite Leave to Remain under Tier 1 (entrepreneur).
Should I still show that I have created jobs in two years after extension (3years+ 2 years).
In appendix A it say:

"Where the applicant's last grant of entry clearance or leave was as a Tier (Entrepreneur)
Migrant, the jobs must have existed for a total of at least 12 months during the period in which
the migrant had leave in that category. This need not consist of 12 consecutive months and the
jobs need not exist at the date of application, provided they existed for at least 12 months during
the period in which the migrant had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant."

Are these jobs creation is for the whole period of five years?
if I create job in first three years and get the extension. Do I need to carry on with those employment for the next 2 years? or I can fire all people in last two years and have no employees?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur - indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Mag8891 wrote:Hi,

I want to apply for indefinite Leave to Remain under Tier 1 (entrepreneur).
Should I still show that I have created jobs in two years after extension (3years+ 2 years).
In appendix A it say:

"Where the applicant's last grant of entry clearance or leave was as a Tier (Entrepreneur)
Migrant, the jobs must have existed for a total of at least 12 months during the period in which
the migrant had leave in that category. This need not consist of 12 consecutive months and the
jobs need not exist at the date of application, provided they existed for at least 12 months during
the period in which the migrant had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant."

Are these jobs creation is for the whole period of five years?
if I create job in first three years and get the extension. Do I need to carry on with those employment for the next 2 years? or I can fire all people in last two years and have no employees?

Many thanks.
This has been clarified recently in the guide. Your need to show that your employees worked at least 12 more months for you AFTER you got your extension. If not, you need to show you have created two NEW full-time jobs which lasted for 12 months during your extension period to be eligible for ILR under Tier 1 Ent.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mag8891
Newly Registered

Post by Mag8891 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 pm

If not, you need to show you have created two NEW full-time jobs which lasted for 12 months during your extension period to be eligible for ILR under Tier 1 Ent.
Is it a requirement that I need to create another 2 new posts for 12 month each or I found this "if the jobs from the initial leave no longer exist, they must show they have created 2 new jobs which have existed for at least 12 months or in line with the transitional arrangement during their last grant of leave" does it still mean it can be 1 person for 24 month if I got my first 3year entrepreneur visa before April 2014? But I got my extension in Sept 2015? does it still mean that I have entered the route Pre-6 April 2014 to qualify for the transitional arrangement?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 am

Mag8891 wrote:
If not, you need to show you have created two NEW full-time jobs which lasted for 12 months during your extension period to be eligible for ILR under Tier 1 Ent.
Is it a requirement that I need to create another 2 new posts for 12 month each or I found this "if the jobs from the initial leave no longer exist, they must show they have created 2 new jobs which have existed for at least 12 months or in line with the transitional arrangement during their last grant of leave" does it still mean it can be 1 person for 24 month if I got my first 3year entrepreneur visa before April 2014? But I got my extension in Sept 2015? does it still mean that I have entered the route Pre-6 April 2014 to qualify for the transitional arrangement?

Many thanks
Yes. You entered the route before 6 April 2014 therefore you qualify for transitional arrangements. You can hire one employee for 24 months during your extension and that will be acceptable for your ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice