ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defacto Spouse on 457 visa?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GertrudePerkins
Newly Registered

Defacto Spouse on 457 visa?

Post by GertrudePerkins » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:36 pm

I've been potentially offered a role in Australia via a 457 visa, however my girlfriend has only been living with me for 3 months or so - though we have been seeing each other for 10 months...

Is there any chance of her being able to come out with me?

I understand the position may well be kept open for me for another 8 months, but not for long after that.

Could we apply for a de facto visa before the 12 months so that it may be granted when these were complete?

If she was my fiance, would this help?

By our calculations, she would be able to get a skills visa as she is a teacher. Would it be more worthwhile her applying for this visa separately?

sjunaidn
Newly Registered

Post by sjunaidn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 am

All you have to do is to provide some kind of proof of your civil partnership.

It is easy to do that when you have been living together for quite some time, but not easy if its only three months.

But still give it a try.

GertrudePerkins
Newly Registered

Post by GertrudePerkins » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:32 am

Oh dear... just realised that you may have confused my user name with my sex!! Hadn't realised the implications of such a user name! :lol:

GertrudePerkins was the nom-de-plume of Blackadder in the TV Series who wrote "Edmund, a Butlers tale - a damming inditement of domestic servitude in the 18th Century, with a couple of hot gypsies chucked in!"

I should imagine the answer provided is much the same though!.

sjunaidn
Newly Registered

Post by sjunaidn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 pm

I am not sure which part of my post was gender specific. :)