ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**URGENT** IHS Payment details error

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobby135
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

**URGENT** IHS Payment details error

Post by bobby135 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:49 am

Hey everyone !

I am applying for my work visa from outside the UK. There are 8 stages in the application filling process:

Application Complete
Declaration Signed
BRP Collection
View Appointment

Pay For IHS
Pay for Application
Register at Commercial Partners
Print Application

I am currently stuck in the IHS payment stage (Have not paid for anything yet and I can change the appointment to whenever possible still). The reason is that initially I selected the British Overseas Citizen for nationality by accident, then I corrected this by re-selecting BNO and saving the application before submitting it (I am VERY sure I saved it again after correcting because it is too important) and proceeding through the latter to the IHS stage.

When I was about to pay for IHS, the website continues to show British Overseas Citizen rather than BNO, It wouldn't let me change the details either. I can't contact for official support either because its the weekend, hence why I am seeking help !

On the FAQ page, it says " If you have signed the declaration you will not be able to delete the application. If this is the case you can leave the application, it will have no bearing on any other applications and will eventually be deleted by the system." . Therefore, if I just ignore this application and leave it decay away by the system and make a new application, would it have any impact on my COS number ? Will the current incomplete application make my COS used ?

Kind Regards

Bobby

srsw

Re: **URGENT** IHS Payment details error

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:29 pm

I think until you actually make payment your application is just a 'draft'.

If you have the option to create and submit new application then go for it without worrying too much. Many realise their mistake after making the payment/submitting the final application, so you are lucky in a way to realise the typo before submission.

You can use your CoS number in new application as you haven't make the payment yet (my guess). If you are able to use your CoS number in new application and make payment, it would prove that your old draft application has no effect.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.