ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this is96 valid?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mamaput
Newly Registered

Is this is96 valid?

Post by mamaput » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Please, I need some help on this matter.

Homeless Overstayer puts in FLR (fp) application and Fee Waiver application. A correspondence address is provided.

Fee Waiver is rejected and told to submit FLR afresh or with a fee waiver afresh.

Box ticked on the Fee Waiver Decision telling applicant they will not be removed for the next 7 working days of receipt of the letter(signed for letter) but can be removed within 3 months. IS96 'Liable to be detained' followed a couple of days of signing for letter 'detaining' applicant at the correspondence address with a date to report at centre (not signed for). HO kept applicants Passport but returned british child's passport.

Frankly, I'd be mad if someone who doesn't pay any of my rent/bills 'detains' someone who doesnt' live or pay any of my rent/bills at my home, and I'd be inclined to send the detainer a letter making that clear.

Is this is96 valid? Your thoughts and suggestions as to what can be done by applicant and homeowner will be appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Is this is96 valid?

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 pm

This person can address the fee waiver issue and make a new application, or alternatively challenge the decision via judicial review.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mamaput
Newly Registered

Post by mamaput » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:40 am

Thanks for the response, Obie. Much appreciated.

mamaput
Newly Registered

Post by mamaput » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:08 am

Given the scenario in the original post and the possibility of a decision refusal on this grounds: "Immigration status requirement – not been on TA/TR for more than 6 months at date of application", what can one do about the situation in general?

1. What can one do before another application is put in?
2. What can one do after application but before HO decision?
3. What can one do to prevent a removal b4 6 months if one receives a decision that cites the TA/TR 6 month requirement as above?

It seems unfair that the application has been sabotaged before the applicant has a chance to get it back in with a fee by HO telling the applicant they are 'liable to removal within 3 months' in the fee waiver refusal letter, retaining travel document, and the issuing an is96 before the 7 working days of 'no removal' action is over.

Apologies for asking too many questions. Had no idea of what has been happening in 'this world'!

mamaput
Newly Registered

Post by mamaput » Mon May 16, 2016 1:53 am

The applicant re-submitted application for FLR FP with full fee in very good time and addressed the incorrect assumptions of the original fee waiver refusal. Had to report at an immi centre for a couple of months but has now been granted DLR. He is over the moon for God's favour! :D

uk71
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uk71 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:21 am

Congratulation to the applicant
Can you share the applicant story like on what ground he apply flr fp . Did he won by appeal.jr???
Thanks mamaput

mamaput
Newly Registered

Post by mamaput » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Sorry, uk71!

Been busy with a new baby!

Just rewrote the covering letter, addressing the points raised by HO in the fee waiver refusal. No appeals or nothing like that.