ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(FM) RC application taking over 6 months - pls help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

candycyt
Newly Registered

EEA(FM) RC application taking over 6 months - pls help!

Post by candycyt » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi all,

I am a Hong Kong national married to my EEA husband. I made my application nearly 7 months ago (15 Jul 2015) - when we hit the six month mark I called the European section of HO to enquire. Someone then called me back in 2 days to tell me that my application is still in process, but they're unable to tell me how much longer it would take.

This is very frustrating as the European EEA Regulations 2006 states that all RC applications should be processed within 6 months. However when I mentioned this the lady on the phone told me that 6 months is just an advertised service standard, which is not true. I asked if there's anything I could do in the meantime, and she told me that the only thing to do is to wait (indefinitely).

Judging from the timeline posts, most of the July/August applicants have received their RC and there is no reason why my application should take so long.

I've emailed various HO departments including complaints, European Operational and their Croydon UKVI office, no reply so far.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what I should do. Is anyone facing a similar situation, if so what actions have you taken? I'm considering hiring a solicitor to help speed up the process, but I'm not sure if that would help.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you very much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA(FM) RC application taking over 6 months - pls help!

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:16 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.