ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic IELTS test and AN Naturalisation Form 2016

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eman4730
Newly Registered

Academic IELTS test and AN Naturalisation Form 2016

Post by eman4730 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know whether my Academic IELTS test which I undertook 05/APR/2014 in order to be accepted at Oxford Brookes University as a full time student would be sufficient enough for the Home Office and my Naturalisation form?

My speaking and listening score is much higher than B1 however I cannot find any SELT unique reference number on the Test Report Form (TRF displayed as UKVI number) as your website suggests: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf

There is only Test Report Form Number on the right bottom. This International English Language Testing System was undertaken in Oxford at the Kings College and it is acknowledged by British Council, idp IELTS AUSTRALIA and Cambridge English Language Assessment (Part of the University of Cambridge).

I would highly appreciate your answer.

Regards

Eva

WR1

Re: Academic IELTS test and AN Naturalisation Form 2016

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Please read the FAQ here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html

If the IELTS has not been used in a previous application (specifically the ILR applied AFTER 28 October 2013), then I'm afraid you will have to do a new test from the current SELT list.

The rules changed on 6 April 2015 and only 2 qualifications are now being accepted, IELTS Consortium and Trinity. You won't have a SELT number as these qualifications only came into affect on 6 April 2015.

The IELTS Academic may possibly have been accepted but only until November 2015. Now it can no longer be used.

All the info you need can be found in the link above.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

eman4730
Newly Registered

Post by eman4730 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In terms of studying second year BA (Hons) at Oxford Brookes University in English, would I need to finish my BA degree first to prove the Home Office my knowledge of English or could I use it even though I have not finished my course and BA degree yet? If so, what would be the steps to undertake please?

Kind Regards,

Eva Mandri

eman4730
Newly Registered

Post by eman4730 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Also, due to the nearest availability of the acceptable test for the naturalisation, which is 13 February, I wonder whether it would be ok to have dates of my two referees and my date with the signature on the AN form in January 2016 while I will pass my English test in February 2016 or does that mean that I will have to fill in the application all over again?

Thank you very much for your time and reply.

Eva

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:08 pm

You cannot use a degree you are not in possesion of as you haven't finished your studies. You would need to complete your degree first, wait till you graduate, obtain the certificate, then use it to satify the English requirement.

Other only option is to do a test from the current SELT list.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 pm

eman4730 wrote:Also, due to the nearest availability of the acceptable test for the naturalisation, which is 13 February, I wonder whether it would be ok to have dates of my two referees and my date with the signature on the AN form in January 2016 while I will pass my English test in February 2016 or does that mean that I will have to fill in the application all over again?

Thank you very much for your time and reply.

Eva
Shouldn't be an issue