ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are Applicant's finances considered on Settlement Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DRS1983

Post by DRS1983 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I have noticed the new section on VAF4 form which asks the applicant's finances and employment.

Has there been any change in the law for this? I believe previously only the UK spouse/sponsor's employment was considered.

Many Thanks

DRS :!:

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:29 pm

I don't think that the rules, i.e. 281(v), have changed:
(v) the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and
Moreover, its interpretation has also become more restrictive.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:05 am

I think they will consider also the applicants finances. When I lodged my visa application I declared that i have my own savings and property. I included my transcript of records and my diploma. I think this things also helped that my spouse visa was granted.