ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Esol B1 and nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smiletanvir
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Esol B1 and nationality

Post by smiletanvir » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi.
I have passed my esol b1 on 20th January 2015 and I used this for my ILR application. Now my nationality is due in march 2016. Please answer following
1. Can I use this again for nationality application?
2. Home office website saying esol b1 from esb not acceptable if the test taken on or after after November 2015.
But I have already use this for my ILR application in January 2015 and my test was taken before November 2015 which should be accepted with my nationality application as well.

On home office website following is written

LINK: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.
Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying to settle in the UK and it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter.
It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the list of recognized tests now. You don’t need to take another test.

My esol b1 certificate. Is attached.
Please guide me in relation to above matter it is very important that I have to spend another £300 approximately to get another similar level of qualification which is totally unfair, by living in UK we work very hard to earn money.
Thanks and regards

WR1

Re: Esol B1 and nationality

Post by WR1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 pm

No, you cannot use the ESOL again as of November 2015. However, the AN form does provide a provision that you have already demonstrated English requirement for ILR applied after 28 October 2013, so no need to demonstrate English again. Just tick the relevant box on form AN.

More info here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 02110.html
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smiletanvir
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Esol B1 and nationality

Post by smiletanvir » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:29 pm

thanks wr1 i have just checked AN form there is that option available, you are genius you have solved a big concussion.
thanks again