ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

ILR Application queries

Post by Prithviraj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi All

I am on extension of Tier 1 (General) visa at the moment and it expires on 28th March 2016. I am now eligible for ILR. I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate if anyone could help me. Apologies in advance if you find some questions to be silly.
I am applying only for myself (no dependants) and planning to book an appointment at Croydon.

- Do I have to use the SET (O) form?
- I read on UKBA site about 5 years and 10 years ILR. Not sure if I will get a 5 or 10 years?
- Section 5.6 ‘Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in
5.1 - 5.5 that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants.’ I
am not applying for visa for any dependant, although my wife also pays for mortgage along with me.
Do I need to mention her earnings as well ?
- Section 6.2 –‘give dates you left and returned to the UK’. Do I need to give each and every single date
since I arrived in 2007 as a student?
- Section 6.2 – ‘Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave)’ – does absence here
mean when you were out of UK?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:38 pm

I will answer what I can.

- Do I have to use the SET (O) form? Yes
- I read on UKBA site about 5 years and 10 years ILR. Not sure if I will get a 5 or 10 years? You are applying for ILR with 5 years residence. ILR is not limited to either 5 or 10 years. You get ILR based on 5 years residence or ILR based on 10 years long residence.
- Section 5.6 ‘Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in
5.1 - 5.5 that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants.’ I
am not applying for visa for any dependant, although my wife also pays for mortgage along with me. Not sure
- Section 6.2 –‘give dates you left and returned to the UK’. Do I need to give each and every single date
since I arrived in 2007 as a student? You can, or just the 5 years of PBS visa.
- Section 6.2 – ‘Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave)’ – does absence here
mean when you were out of UK? Yes, only absences OUTSIDE the UK, excluding the day of departure and arrival back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Thanks a lot @CR001

I will wait for someone to confirm - Section 5.6 ‘Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.5 that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependents.’ I am not applying for visa for any dependant, although my wife also pays for mortgage along with me. Do I need to mention her earnings as well ?

As mentioned before my Tier 1 (General) expires on 28th March, can I make an application in person on 1st March as I just managed to get an appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 pm

As mentioned before my Tier 1 (General) expires on 28th March, can I make an application in person on 1st March as I just managed to get an appointment?
Yes, should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Thank you :)

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 am

Hi All

Can someone please help with the following.

Section 5.6 ‘Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in
am not applying for visa for any dependent, although my wife also pays for mortgage along with me.

thanks

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 am

hi All

tried to find the answers in FAQs but getting confused. I am tier 1 (general) from last 5 years and it expires in March. I was on Post study work visa for 2 years before that and was on student visa for about 16 months prior to that. In section 12L it asks for 2 things.

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - This should be ok.

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

How do i prove this? What documents shall I attach. I have been in 3 different jobs in last 5 years?

thanks

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Prithviraj wrote:hi All

tried to find the answers in FAQs but getting confused. I am tier 1 (general) from last 5 years and it expires in March. I was on Post study work visa for 2 years before that and was on student visa for about 16 months prior to that. In section 12L it asks for 2 things.

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - This should be ok.

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

How do i prove this? What documents shall I attach. I have been in 3 different jobs in last 5 years?

thanks
Any home office previous letters of renewals ( if any). Passport copy and stamps in and out. should suffice

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:26 am

hi Argus7

yes I have both letters from home office, one from first Tier 1 application and second from the extension.

Thanks