ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions regarding spouse visa extension FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_silk_route

A few questions regarding spouse visa extension FLR(M)

Post by the_silk_route » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 am

Hi,

A little background info. We applied for a spouse visa and my wife was granted her visa on the 27th November 2014 and can to the UK on the 13th December 2014. Her visa is due for renewal in August 2017, and I just wanted to check a few things to make sure we're all ready come renewal time. I have a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could please shed some light on these for us.

1) Is it necessary to register our marriage here in the UK?

2) My wife has done the A1 English test, would she need to do another test for her FLR(M) or will this suffice?

3) My wife is pregnant; expecting to give birth in April this year (2016). Neither of us claim benefits. She has been given a Maternity Exemption Card because she is pregnant. Under the conditions of her visa, is she allowed to have treatment without paying costs because she is pregnant? Will this have any effect on the renewal? What is the NHS surcharge and does it apply to her?

I would really appreciate if anyone can please help me on these questions.

Many thanks in advance! :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A few questions regarding spouse visa extension FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:13 am

1. No

2. She will need to meet the A1 English requirement again for her extension as well as the financial requirement. Also depends on what test she did as certain tests are no longer accepted since November 2015.

3. No effect on her visa. She will have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge when she extends her visa, she is not exempt from it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Re: A few questions regarding spouse visa extension FLR(M)

Post by WR1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 am

Its good to plan ahead, even though you are not applying until August 2017. What I would advise is to keep checking this forum and the gov websites as the rules do change quite often, and what is applicable today may not be in 2017 as for example the government is planning on increasing the required English requirement from Level A1 to Level A2 later this year:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... glish%20A2

So another English test will be required if the government goes ahead with its plans.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided