ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please comment on my case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajawaid_pk
Newly Registered

please comment on my case

Post by ajawaid_pk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 am

i am from pakistan and did my Masters in Computer Sciences from Preston University in year 2000

my overall scoring for HSMP is 85 but i am concerned about my degree. Can someone comment whether my degree will create an issue or not or better yet if some other person from preston who actually went to UK and answer

please...i need to confirm this before i apply (directly without any agent)

ismangil

Re: please comment on my case

Post by ismangil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:25 am

ajawaid_pk wrote:i am from pakistan and did my Masters in Computer Sciences from Preston University in year 2000

my overall scoring for HSMP is 85 but i am concerned about my degree. Can someone comment whether my degree will create an issue or not or better yet if some other person from preston who actually went to UK and answer

please...i need to confirm this before i apply (directly without any agent)
Why do you think it would be a problem? As long as you have the award/degree certificate from Preston Univ, then you'll get the points for Masters Degree plus another 5 for "UK experience" points.
Perry Ismangil

ajawaid_pk
Newly Registered

Post by ajawaid_pk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:50 pm

if you are from pakistan then you will know that preston university USA has some issues when it comes to acceptibility :)

i request any Prestonian from pakistan to provide feedback

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:57 pm

Haha I thought the OP meant Preston Polytechnic aka University of Central Lancashire aka whatever it's called now maybe it is Preston University!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:02 pm

ajawaid_pk wrote:if you are from pakistan then you will know that preston university USA has some issues when it comes to acceptibility :)
Ah, I see. Well then you need to submit the degree to NARIC. And if you already have doubts about acceptability, then don't claim the point. Easy.
Perry Ismangil

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:52 pm

As far as I am aware it is an unaccredited institution.

The state of Oregon list of unaccredited degree suppliers

The state of Maine list of unaccredited post-secondary educational institutions

A search on the CHEA website has the following result:

Database of Institutions Accredited By Recognized U.S. Accrediting Organizations

Search Results: 0 institutions found for 'preston university'

If it is not accredited in the US, I do not hold out much hope for the affiliated campuses in Pakistan offering qualifications that will get you points for HSMP.

Can you score enough with your other qualifications? I hope so. Naric will confirm what the UK equivalent is for your masters degree anyway.

PP