ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (3.5 yrs on WP + 1.5 yrs on HSMP)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr-seeker
Newly Registered

ILR (3.5 yrs on WP + 1.5 yrs on HSMP)

Post by ilr-seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 am

Dear All,

It would be of immense help if some of the senior and experienced members of this board provide me guidance in obtaining my ILR.

a) I qualify for ILR from 1st Dec onwards (entered country on 28th Dec 02) - 3.5 yrs on WP and 1.5 yrs on HSMP
b) I was with 3 employers during this period and for the last 9 months I work for my own LTD company (IT Contractor). I take a salary of £24000 per annum and the take the remaining in dividends.

To show my economic activity what documents do I need to provide? Please help.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:25 am

As you ltd is not so old. I would show the certificate of inc, the vat certificate, any paye statements, your self assessment and corporate tax statements if available, your p60s, your dividend statements, your invoices, your contracts and assignment schedule with your ltd company, your bank statements correspending to the payment of invoices, salary and dividends you received in the last 12 months and the contract connected to that activity. If possible, get the agency who paid you to write a letter about what payments they made to you and then to show you do not need to recourse to public funds, your current contract.

ilr-seeker
Newly Registered

Post by ilr-seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:56 am

Thank you for your response. So basically the following

a) My payslips (I'm employee of my ltd company)
b) My company Invoices
c) Company Bank Statements
d) My current contract with the company
e) P60s for the last 4 years
f) VAT Certificate
g) Letter from Agency

Also do I need a letter from my accountant? Also my BIG CONFUSION is do I need to prepare my application as employee (of my ltd company) or self employed.

Anyone in the similar situation, please share your experiences. Thank you.
SYH wrote:As you ltd is not so old. I would show the certificate of inc, the vat certificate, any paye statements, your self assessment and corporate tax statements if available, your p60s, your dividend statements, your invoices, your contracts and assignment schedule with your ltd company, your bank statements correspending to the payment of invoices, salary and dividends you received in the last 12 months and the contract connected to that activity. If possible, get the agency who paid you to write a letter about what payments they made to you and then to show you do not need to recourse to public funds, your current contract.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:48 pm

ilr-seeker wrote:Thank you for your response. So basically the following

a) My payslips (I'm employee of my ltd company)
b) My company Invoices
c) Company Bank Statements
d) My current contract with the company
e) P60s for the last 4 years
f) VAT Certificate
g) Letter from Agency

Also do I need a letter from my accountant? Also my BIG CONFUSION is do I need to prepare my application as employee (of my ltd company) or self employed.

Anyone in the similar situation, please share your experiences. Thank you.
the distinction between self employed or employee isn't that important for ILR, just submit as much documentation to show your economic activity and not needing public funds
if you have an accountant, statements from proferssionals in the field are always welcome especially since you didn't list self assessment or company tax return so I guess it hasn't been done yet

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:06 pm

I'd recommend including your dividend vouchers as well as further evidence of the payments being made and tax having been paid on them.

ilr-seeker
Newly Registered

Post by ilr-seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:42 pm

I havent done a company tax return yet, so how do I show the evidence of the Corporation Tax being paid. At the moment my company pays VAT, PAYE & NI every quarter, the Corporation Tax is due only End of 2008 (end of tax year for my company is Mar 2008)
goldfish wrote:I'd recommend including your dividend vouchers as well as further evidence of the payments being made and tax having been paid on them.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:00 pm

ilr-seeker wrote:I havent done a company tax return yet, so how do I show the evidence of the Corporation Tax being paid. At the moment my company pays VAT, PAYE & NI every quarter, the Corporation Tax is due only End of 2008 (end of tax year for my company is Mar 2008)
goldfish wrote:I'd recommend including your dividend vouchers as well as further evidence of the payments being made and tax having been paid on them.
I already answsered that if you dont' have it then the accountant statement is welcome. You can't produce what you don't have