ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attestation of PoA from High Commission of India, London

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carpe_diem_247
Newly Registered

Attestation of PoA from High Commission of India, London

Post by carpe_diem_247 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I are naturalized British citizens, we came to the UK as Indian citizens (and have PIO cards now). My wife wants to grant her father (Indian citizen based in India) General Power of Attorney (PoA). HCI's website (https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=72) details the process, at least in theory, one has to go through to get the PoA attested by the Consular Officer.

Could someone has gone through this process recently please share their experience ? I am, in particular, concerned about two issues:
(a) The requirements as stated on HCI's website being incomplete, so that you make an appointment and go over, it turns out that there are documents and/or copies of documents needed which are not mentioned on the website
(b) Witnesses - the website says the two UK based witnesses need to produce their original passport at the time of signing before the Consular Officer and one set of self-attested copy (copies) of the passport page (s) containing personal particulars of the witnesses need to be submitted along with the PoA. If the witnesses cannot come in person, one set of notarised copy (copies) of the passport page (s) containing personal particulars of the witnesses need to be submitted along with the PoA. I don't think the witnesses would be too keen on a trip to HCI, so it seems a set of notarised copy of the appropriate passport page will have to do. Please confirm that this is actually allowed by HCI.

Thanks for your help,
CD

vinsen6
Newly Registered

Re: Attestation of PoA from High Commission of India, London

Post by vinsen6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 am

Hi CD,
I am looking for getting POA attested. as you had already posted my query, I thought I can directly approach you and get it clarified in case if you had gone through the process.
Hence, Could you kindly advice whether we need witness for PoA and the process for getting attestation of POA please?

Regards
Vinsen