ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Naturalisation Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhatt
Newly Registered

Spouse Naturalisation Query

Post by abhatt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi

I am about to get my British Passport (interview booked). My husband (never on dependant visa through me) has recently got ILR. Can he apply for naturalisation as soon as I get my passport? We have been married for 5 years and he has been living in the UK for nearly 13 years.

I have not changed my maiden name but we do have our marriage certificate (in English) issued in India where we got married. Whether that will be sufficient proof of or should we submit any other documents to support his application?

Thank you for your help in advance.

noajthan

Re: Spouse Naturalisation Query

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

abhatt wrote:Hi

I am about to get my British Passport (interview booked). My husband (never on dependant visa through me) has recently got ILR. Can he apply for naturalisation as soon as I get my passport? We have been married for 5 years and he has been living in the UK for nearly 13 years.

I have not changed my maiden name but we do have our marriage certificate (in English) issued in India where we got married. Whether that will be sufficient proof of or should we submit any other documents to support his application?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Assuming all other requirements have been/can be met, husband (with ILR) may apply as soon as you are a BC
ie as soon as you receive your naturalisation certificate.

See AN form guidance for necessary supporting documents.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

abhatt
Newly Registered

Post by abhatt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Thank you.

They say passport/naturalisation certificate and marriage certificate. Can I please check that in your experience a marriage certificate issued in India (in English) will be sufficient? He will be using NCS with the original certificate.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:46 pm

abhatt wrote:Thank you.

They say passport/naturalisation certificate and marriage certificate. Can I please check that in your experience a marriage certificate issued in India (in English) will be sufficient? He will be using NCS with the original certificate.

Thanks
I don't have experience with an Indian marriage certificate.
If all in English (or all translated) I don't see an issue.

Other members may know for sure. And NCS should know.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.