ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years work history or 5 years?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrsali
Newly Registered

10 years work history or 5 years?

Post by mrsali » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi

I'm going to apply for naturalisation on 14th of this month and I'm currently stuck at a question relating to the 10 years work history. I’ll really appreciate if seniors could help please.

I first came to the UK in April 2005 on a student visa. Went back to Pakistan in September 2006. I stayed in Pakistan from September 2006 until September 2007 (1 year). Came back to the UK in September 2007 on a student visa again. Then I went back to Pakistan in 2008 and applied for Entry Clearance under HSMP. I came back to the UK (after spending a few months in Pakistan) when I got "Tier 1 General" in 2009. I spent 5 years on Tier 1 General (2009-2014) and finally got ILR last year.

My question is: Since I got ILR on the basis of my Tier 1 General that was granted in 2009, should I still disclose 10 years work history? Or just 5 years work history would be sufficient because obviously my ILR was based on 5 years qualifying period, not 10 year. When I came in 2005 on a student visa, I worked here and there, but that has nothing to do with my naturalisation. I mean, my naturalisation application is based on 5 years T1G + 1 year ILR. Please note that in response to question 2.1 (When did you arrive in UK for the first time), I have written ‘2009’ (when I got Tier 1 General). I did not put 2005.

Any help/ comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years work history or 5 years?

Post by fielddrive » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:04 pm

There is a part which states the date you first intended to stay permanently, I guess if you put a date 6 years back then you only need to provide that much history. Better to check with NCS but you said 14th and that's a Sunday?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 pm

If you have 10 years working history in the UK (even as permitted on your student visa) you must list the full 10 years of employment history. HO will check your records and if you don't disclose it, you are not answering the form truthfully.

The question does not say 'employment history based on when you arrived intending to stay permanently' it say employment history for the last 10 years.

The only time 10 years history is not needed is when an applicant has clearly not lived in the UK for that length of time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrsali
Newly Registered

Post by mrsali » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks Field Drive and CR001. Meant to say 24th of this month.

I really appreciate your replies. I think I'll mention 10 years work history. It makes more sense.

Thanks a lot...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Always better to be honest with HO and tell the whole truth. If you don't, they very quickly shout deception and can give a ban on applying again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 am

mrsali wrote:Hi

Or just 5 years work history would be sufficient because obviously my ILR was based on 5 years qualifying period, not 10 year. When I came in 2005 on a student visa, I worked here and there, but that has nothing to do with my naturalisation. I mean, my naturalisation application is based on 5 years T1G + 1 year ILR. Please note that in response to question 2.1 (When did you arrive in UK for the first time), I have written ‘2009’ (when I got Tier 1 General). I did not put 2005.

Any help/ comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..
Many forms of settled status are typically achieved after 5 years eg ILR, PR.
But the employment question clearly asks for 10 years history.

Caseworkers surely understand when someone first came to UK they may not have planned to stay & naturalise.
The employment history is still an indicator of the person they are dealing with & now assessing for naturalisation.

HO clearly require this for their own purposes - in order to crosscheck & verify questions of 'good character', legal working, tax affairs in order & compliance with prior immigration status/visas.

btw - the answer to when you first came to UK appears to be 2005, not 2009.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mrsali
Newly Registered

Post by mrsali » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:25 am

Thanks everybody. This website has always been very helpful to me. ALWAYS.

You've cleared my doubts. Now, I'll put my first entry date as 2005 and will provide 10 years work history.

Thanks again...