ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for me and my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for me and my son

Post by Sandy_surrey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

Dear Members,

I have couple of queries, first is related to me if my expired IELTS certificate that I did in year 2009 will be valid for my Naturalisation application in March or not, below is my circumstances :
I came in U.K. on Tier 2 visa in March 2010, at the time of applying for entry clearance in India , I submitted my valid IELTS general result to score the points for English requirement.

In March 2015 , I applied for my ILR and submitted the same IELTS expired certificate , which I submitted to British High commission in year 2010 for entry clearance visa.

My query is as I will be submitting my application for naturalisation as a British Citizen in March 2016 , do I need to give a fresh English test or my expired IELTS test certificate which I submitted at the time of entry clearance as well as ILR is suffice. 

My second query is my 8 year old son who was born in India and been living in UK since 2011 also he has ILR since last year March 2015 , Can he apply for Naturalisation with me ? My wife applied for ILR as well last year in March 2015 and she has been living in UK since August 2011.

I would appreciate your reply.

Many Thanks in Advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for me and my son

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 am

See FAQs English Language Requirement for Citizenship (Click)

Children are REGISTERED and adults are NATURALISED.

You can register your son on form MN1 but he will only be successful if you are successful with your citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Many thanks for your reply!

That means my son can apply for registration as BC with me but the outcome of his application will be based on the success of my naturalisation application.

Also can I use my expired IELTS certificate for naturalisation?

Thanks

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Sandy_surrey wrote:Many thanks for your reply!

That means my son can apply for registration as BC with me but the outcome of his application will be based on the success of my naturalisation application.

Also can I use my expired IELTS certificate for naturalisation?

Thanks

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:44 am

Would appreciate a reply for above queries, if anyone can advice. .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:46 am

CR001 wrote:See FAQs English Language Requirement for Citizenship (Click)

Children are REGISTERED and adults are NATURALISED.

You can register your son on form MN1 but he will only be successful if you are successful with your citizenship application.
Have you clicked on CR001's link above?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi Casa,

I checked the link, even went through with the historical posts as well but not able to get the clear answer about english test requirement, whether my expired Ielts certificate will be valid or not or should I tick the section that my ILR has been granted after Oct 2013.

Would appreciate your replies .

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Tick the box re ILR granted after Oct 2013. Submit expired IELTS if you want or take with you to NCS if you are applying through NCS and ask them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you very much!!