ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service - pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coffeegirl

Priority service - pakistan

Post by coffeegirl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Please make dua. I have done online application on 4th feb and husband had bio-metrics on 10th feb. We paid for priority visa at the visa centre but however due to some mailing problems - it will take too long for husband to send me original receipt for priority.

Can I just attach a printed copy to my docs and send to sheffield? What are current processing times for Pakistan?

Also I have organised my documents but can't understand how to send it for priority - do I just mark on envelope priority? No instructions were given and I can't find any online. Any help will be appreciated

coffeegirl

Re: Priority service - pakistan

Post by coffeegirl » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:55 pm

any help?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Patience. Someone will reply when/if they have the answer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi,

Well answer lies within your question. When you filled the form you choose to go for priority option and paid for it. Actually you made two payments, one for IHS and second for priority visa application. It shows on the printed form that how much u have paid for the application. Hence you do not have to send any receipt with the application pack to sheffield. Yet it is up to u and for ur satisfaction, u can still send a scanned print out of receipt. But
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT
This is because UKBA are uncertain to return your documents with in some specified time. In my case i m still waiting for my supporting documents although i had sent them three prepaid envelopes on three different occasions. So if applicant does not have a ORIGINAL RECEIPT then Gerry's or VFS global make loads of fuss for you. Because they clearly mentioned that you must bring your receipts when you come to collect your passport.
I wold like to recommend you that you may send them scanned copy of receipt but not the original one so that applicant may collect the passport on time. (Keep this in ur mind the visa is issued for one month)

Thanks

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:12 pm

sorry i missed part of ur query about processing times...

Well it depends totally on ur case (weak or strong) and work load facing by UKBA.
normally it takes 3 - 6 months for normal application..
and 1- 3 months for priority applications from Pakistan.. (it may extend or decrease because UKBA does not have hard n fast rules)

and one thing more which is just a observation ..

if u get your decision too early for example within 30 or 40 days for normal application it is most likely refused application..

Thanks n Best of luck

coffeegirl

Post by coffeegirl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Daywalkr wrote:Hi,

Well answer lies within your question. When you filled the form you choose to go for priority option and paid for it. Actually you made two payments, one for IHS and second for priority visa application. It shows on the printed form that how much u have paid for the application. Hence you do not have to send any receipt with the application pack to sheffield. Yet it is up to u and for ur satisfaction, u can still send a scanned print out of receipt. But
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT
This is because UKBA are uncertain to return your documents with in some specified time. In my case i m still waiting for my supporting documents although i had sent them three prepaid envelopes on three different occasions. So if applicant does not have a ORIGINAL RECEIPT then Gerry's or VFS global make loads of fuss for you. Because they clearly mentioned that you must bring your receipts when you come to collect your passport.
I wold like to recommend you that you may send them scanned copy of receipt but not the original one so that applicant may collect the passport on time. (Keep this in ur mind the visa is issued for one month)

Thanks
No that is not what I meant. I paid for normal visa fee - I am the sponsor and my husband paid for priority at his bio metric appointment so we have no instructions

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:16 am

Premium Lounge
5,294 PKR/applicant payable in cash at VAC or GBP 29.41 online for Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore.
4,000 PKR / GBP 25 for Mirpur

Priority Visa Settlement
61,200 PKR/applicant payable in cash at VAC or GBP 360 online

Wha payment is shown on ur receipt?

if its for the premium lounge then it has noting to do with the priority..
but if its the second one then yes u will have priority.

for the Priority Visa Settlement
i told u already what u have to do in my previous post.

Thanks

Brightsignal
Newly Registered

Post by Brightsignal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 am

Hello Coffeegirl/DayWalkr
Very good information but I am confused regarding 'Priority Visa Settlement'. I think the Priority Visa Settlement is not any more available from Pakistan.
I did remember you can pay Premium Lounge but not Priorty visa which is 61,200 PKR.
My Question is when you paying fee there is a option for standard visa from drop down, Can you select Priority Visa and Pay Priority visa fee as VFS global not showing the option. Please correct

coffeegirl

Post by coffeegirl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 am

Brightsignal wrote:Hello Coffeegirl/DayWalkr
Very good information but I am confused regarding 'Priority Visa Settlement'. I think the Priority Visa Settlement is not any more available from Pakistan.
I did remember you can pay Premium Lounge but not Priorty visa which is 61,200 PKR.
My Question is when you paying fee there is a option for standard visa from drop down, Can you select Priority Visa and Pay Priority visa fee as VFS global not showing the option. Please correct
No they don't have an option to pay online for priority. My husband went into the visa center and asked for priority and paid 71 thousand rupees which is approx the same amount in English pounds. It is available and he was given a receipt for priority payment (not premium lounge) which shows the fee has been paid.

Brightsignal
Newly Registered

Post by Brightsignal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you Coffeegirl for increasing my knowledge that the Priority Visa Service is still available from Pakistan. It will be helpful if you will let the 71000 worth paying for simple spouse visa application. i.e processing time

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:51 am

'Priority Visa Settlement' is offered in Pakistan. As far as i remember it was offered just after i applied for visa :)

coffeegirl

Post by coffeegirl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Brightsignal wrote:Thank you Coffeegirl for increasing my knowledge that the Priority Visa Service is still available from Pakistan. It will be helpful if you will let the 71000 worth paying for simple spouse visa application. i.e processing time
You are welcome. Many people can't seem to find the option online but it is available when you go to do bio-metrics. I will let you know when I hear back. They aim to process within 15 working days but I don't know yet.

Sincejune

Post by Sincejune » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi. Have you had any decision from Sheffield on your priority visa application yet?

I want know because if it's quicker I will go for the priority device as when applying for wife spouse visa next weeks.

Thanks.

Hussaini Z

Post by Hussaini Z » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 am

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for some advice.

This is my timeline so far:

Salam,

Priority visa.
Cat B

Online application submitted: 26/08/2016

Biometric enrolled on: 01/09/2016 (Islamabad)

Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 02/09/2016 (informed by email)

Application under process at British High Commission on : Not yet

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 10/09/2016

Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : 15/09/2016

Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable)

Contacted with 'decision made' : Not yet
Contacted for Collection : Not yet
Collection made : Not yet
Decision of Application : Not yet

I have emailed UKVI using the online query form to check the status of the application:

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status ****** and date of birth
***** and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance
Officer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer
(ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary,
during the consideration of your application.

I then rang the number provided on the website - which charges £1.34

The person on the phone advised me that IT IS being processed and you may receive a decision any day now. In contrast to the email reply.

Considering this is a priority application has anyone else had similar experiences?

Do you receive an email when it is ACTUALLY being assessed or do you just receive an email that a decision is being made?

There is so much information on prior application not much on post application.

I hope someone can help and settle my anxieties.

Thank you!

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:03 am

Hi

I am I the similar situation. I paid for priority service online which you can do so and when inquire from ukvi regarding status on first occasion I got reply that application found at decision making centre and waiting to be assessed by eco.
Second time I got reply that it is found and waiting to b assessed by eco. Third time they didn't find any record so I requested again via email and got reply that the decision on my wife's application has not been made.

So I think they are taking much more time than they used to be.

Lanyone else has any update on processing time so please share

Thank you

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:12 am

Hussaini Z wrote:Hi,

Salam,

Priority visa.
Cat B

Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 02/09/2016 (informed by email)

I have emailed UKVI using the online query form to check the status of the application:

The person on the phone advised me that IT IS being processed and you may receive a decision any day now. In contrast to the email reply.

Considering this is a priority application has anyone else had similar experiences?

Do you receive an email when it is ACTUALLY being assessed or do you just receive an email that a decision is being made?

Thank you!
Any update on your decision please??

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:12 am

Hi

I am I the similar situationtoo. I paid for priority service too.
If anyone else has any update on processing time so please share.

Thank you

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:13 am

Nav80 wrote:
Hussaini Z wrote:Hi,

Salam,

Priority visa.
Cat B

Thank you!
Any update on your decision please??
Scotsgirl wrote:Hi

Thank you

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:03 am

Scotsgirl wrote:Hi

Thank you

Hi Scotsgirl,

Is this your first application?

Priority?

What's your timeline please?

Thanks

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:36 am

aprboom wrote:Priority?
Hey.
Yes, this is my first application and i have paid for the priority service.
My online application was submitted on the 14th of September. biometrics were done on the 22nd and the evidence (original documents) were sent to Sheffield on the 27th September.
I emailed the UKVI asking for the status of my Visa application they said it still has to assessd by an officer.
It has been een 4 weeks now. I went for the priority service because they said they'll process the visa in 15 working days

Thanks.

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Scotsgirl wrote:
Hey.
Yes, this is my first application and i have paid for the priority service.
My online application was submitted on the 14th of September. biometrics were done on the 22nd and the evidence (original documents) were sent to Sheffield on the 27th September.
I emailed the UKVI asking for the status of my Visa application they said it still has to assessd by an officer.
It has been een 4 weeks now. I went for the priority service because they said they'll process the visa in 15 working days

Thanks.
Did you recieve your supporting documents back? If so did u recieve back the copies aswell? What date did you check the status of your application?

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:30 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
Scotsgirl wrote:
Did you recieve your supporting documents back? If so did u recieve back the copies aswell? What date did you check the status of your application?
I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:39 pm

I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/[/quote]

Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:52 pm

No i haven't tried. Will do thought they do cost you a fortune.
Plus, i read these emails can be incorrect at times. Hopefully i get to hear back next week. Insha'Allah. :)

apprentice786 wrote:I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/
Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.[/quote]

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Scotsgirl wrote:No i haven't tried. Will do thought they do cost you a fortune.
Plus, i read these emails can be incorrect at times. Hopefully i get to hear back next week. Insha'Allah. :)

apprentice786 wrote:I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/
Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.
[/quote]

In sha allah keep us posted :)