ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

prospects of doing PRINCE2 certification

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pktamil2007

prospects of doing PRINCE2 certification

Post by pktamil2007 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:22 am

Hi,

I am having HSMP approval and trying for jobs in moving to a project manager role from a vast experience of leadership role in IT.

While going through the jobs listed, I could see employers mentioning about PRINCE2 certification.

Can anyone please let me know how much prospect does this hold in UK job markets and the necessity for doing it.

Any opinions/suggestions please.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Prince 2 is common here. It's the UK version of PMP. If you come from an IT project management background, the certification can help you from a differentiation perspective, but your skills will also be important.

I have a PMP certification and most companies that I work with don't seem to prefer one over the other, as either demonstrate that you have PM skills that are certified. I work in financial services, so mostly international companies. If you work with a lot of UK-based companies, Prince 2 may be preferable.

Bottom line, it can help you to stand out against someone that doesn't have any certification, but it's also good to have (in some cases better) to have the experience.

Good luck!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:52 pm

skills=mangement techniques ; is that what you meant .. otherwise what other "skills" you would expect in Project manager? MS Office or Sharepoint use etc and average computer skills sufficient enough as far I see it.
Of course any person with good learning capability will gather specific skills unique to each environment, but it sounds to me that you are with some kind of a bodyshop selling project managers to their clients with "skills". :D

UKbound wrote:If you come from an IT project management background, the certification can help you from a differentiation perspective, but your skills will also be important.