ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea wife threatened to take son to her country,pls help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omonile

Eea wife threatened to take son to her country,pls help!

Post by omonile » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi all,I have been married to an eea national for over 3years and she will acquire Permanent Residency in few months.However, in the last few weeks she's been threatening to move back to her country with our child.It worries me, and I am confused. I need advice on what to do,to counter her threat.All suggestions wil be taken seriously pls.Thanks

noajthan

Re: Eea wife threatened to take son to her country,pls help!

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:59 am

omonile wrote:Hi all,I have been married to an eea national for over 3years and she will acquire Permanent Residency in few months.However, in the last few weeks she's been threatening to move back to her country with our child.It worries me, and I am confused. I need advice on what to do,to counter her threat.All suggestions wil be taken seriously pls.Thanks
What is nationality & immigration status of child?
Where is child now?

Suggest start here:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/fa ... dex_en.htm

Also suggest seek legal advice, counselling & etc asap.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

omonile

Post by omonile » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:43 am

Thanks noajthan. My child is still in uk but My wife is from Poland and she said she would obtain travel document for my child from Polish embassy.I dnt want to be too cautious in dealing with hence this plea. I am wandering if they would allow her to take him away at the port without my consent as I have my name on the birth certificate. The link you attached was very helpful.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:18 am

If you are married to her and your name is on the birth certificate, She will surely come back to you asking you to sign a document confirming your approval to get the passport for your son. If you refused to sign it, polish embassy will not issue the passport to your son and even if she apply for a polish nationality for your son in Poland, they will still ask you to sign for it. I am married to Polish national as well and that is what happened when we wanted to apply for temporary polish passport for my daughter and same when we applied for polish nationality for her. Mind you she can go to Poland with that son without passport like the way you can go with her without a visa as family member. You need to be wise and stand on your feet by telling her that you both have same right on the child so she cannot take your son away from you that you will notify the authorities.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:21 am

omonile wrote:Thanks noajthan. My child is still in uk but My wife is from Poland and she said she would obtain travel document for my child from Polish embassy.I dnt want to be too cautious in dealing with hence this plea. I am wandering if they would allow her to take him away at the port without my consent as I have my name on the birth certificate. The link you attached was very helpful.
Understood. It must be very difficult & upsetting.

Far be it from me to offer relationship advice but suggest you (both) need to seek support in that area.

On legal/family side you could start with Citizen's Advice Bureau:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

They offer free advice both online & in person; see if there is a branch/office near where you live.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:50 pm

If you are on the birth certificate you have parental responsibility and if she takes the child abroad without your consent this is classed as child abduction:
http://www.alternativefamilylaw.co.uk/e ... ildren.htm
https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-resp ... onsibility
As suggested by other members, seek support and try and talk to your wife and work this out, maybe with the help of counselling to ensure the best interests of the child are considered at all times. Good luck!
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:24 pm

You can approach the court for a prohibitive step order, if she is seeking to leave the jurisdiction with your child without your consent
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

omonile

Post by omonile » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks Everyone for your wonderful and thoughtful advise and ideas on the best way to approach this very sensitive and delicate matter .I will approach it as advised but I hope I won"t leave it for too late.The other thing,i need to clarify is;do I need her help with my PR or ROR if I have proof of her acquisition of PR without PR certificate?(proof of excercising treaty right for 5 years).Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:13 pm

omonile wrote:Thanks Everyone for your wonderful and thoughtful advise and ideas on the best way to approach this very sensitive and delicate matter .I will approach it as advised but I hope I won"t leave it for too late.The other thing,i need to clarify is;do I need her help with my PR or ROR if I have proof of her acquisition of PR without PR certificate?(proof of excercising treaty right for 5 years).Thanks
Yes it will help if spouse/sponsor is amenable to cooperate.

You will need id, proof of relationship & etc (as well as proof of sponsor's treaty rights/PR).

There are ways & means if sponsor is estranged &/or uncooperative such that evidence is not available.
However much more straightforward if documents are available.

Suggest start to collect & also scan/copy what you can.
(For some documents, eg marriage certificate, you may be able to arrange official copies).

Good luck.

omonile

Post by omonile » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Gentlemen and ladies of the house,would like to confirm from the house if this case is relevant to me. https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... c/37491.My wife will acquire Or in 2months.if we divorced as she's proposing afterwards, do I still need to provide anything except proof of her exercise of treaty right for 5years to retain my residency.thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 pm

omonile wrote:Gentlemen and ladies of the house,would like to confirm from the house if this case is relevant to me. https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... c/37491.My wife will acquire Or in 2months.if we divorced as she's proposing afterwards, do I still need to provide anything except proof of her exercise of treaty right for 5years to retain my residency.thanks
This has absolutely nothing to do with the subject here and you've highjacked another member's thread. If you want a response, please post this in your own one.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 pm

I think this thread was created by omonile .

However I believe there is little that one can do.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:29 pm

Obie wrote:I think this thread was created by omonile .

However I believe there is little that one can do.
Oh good grief omonile. My apologies...time for bed I think! :oops:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

omonile

Post by omonile » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Apologies accepted Case!but I don't understand Obies statement if there is little anyone can do.I need help in clarifying my question. It's killing my soul.I would refresh I may have 5 years prove of her exercise of treaty right.and I am 100 percent sure,she would not assist me after divorce with any document. That was why I made reference to this case https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 491.please Gurus help.Thanks

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm

@Omonile, Why can't you try to sort things out with your mrs because I think are support will be useful. You can try to afford fight or argument with her and just turn to mumu until you achieve what you wanna achieve because HO are going funny this days and all they looking for is a simple excuses to turn people's down. Believe me, 90% relationship got their own K-legs . Think twice bro.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:50 pm

omonile wrote:Apologies accepted Case!but I don't understand Obies statement if there is little anyone can do.I need help in clarifying my question. It's killing my soul.I would refresh I may have 5 years prove of her exercise of treaty right.and I am 100 percent sure,she would not assist me after divorce with any document. That was why I made reference to this case https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 491.please Gurus help.Thanks
If you are talking about provisions to obtain documents from an (ex-)wife in connection with RoR, there are ways & means:
eea-route-applications/eea-fm-applicati ... t#p1299616
- Section 40 of the UK Borders Act, 2007 comes to mind.

But I think your original question was more about securing custody of child &/or assuring appropriate controls over whereabouts & travel (wasn't it?).

omonile

Post by omonile » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:53 pm

ally007 wrote:@Omonile, Why can't you try to sort things out with your mrs because I think are support will be useful. You can try to afford fight or argument with her and just turn to mumu until you achieve what you wanna achieve because HO are going funny this days and all they looking for is a simple excuses to turn people's down. Believe me, 90% relationship got their own K-legs . Think twice bro.
Thanks ally007/noajthan,in fact I just can't sustain her financial demands and I am heavily indebted because of this but she do not care.Anytime I couldn't provide the money she ask for she would start threatening to take my son to Poland.But after the advise I got from here,I confronted her and made clear that I won't authorise her taking my son to her country hence she resorted to threat of divorce. She may have acquired Or and I have solid proof off her work history hence my question.
I just want clarity.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 pm

omonile wrote:Thanks ally007/noajthan,in fact I just can't sustain her financial demands and I am heavily indebted because of this but she do not care.Anytime I couldn't provide the money she ask for she would start threatening to take my son to Poland.But after the advise I got from here,I confronted her and made clear that I won't authorise her taking my son to her country hence she resorted to threat of divorce. She may have acquired Or and I have solid proof off her work history hence my question.
I just want clarity.
Most unfortunate.

Hope you are able to convince her your child is not a package to drag around Europe.
Anyway now you are more aware of rights that should not happen.

As explained there are ways to persuade HO to make appropriate enquiries to back your case.

Suggest you try to get hold of & secure any/all papers/documents (or at least scans/copies) that you can.

Good luck.

Pesti
Newly Registered

Post by Pesti » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Although this might have changed already, the general rule to obtain national ID for a child (when in Poland) required presence of just one parent and this document is enough to travel across EU. I'm not sure how this applies to the Polish consulates, you would need to explore this topic to be prepared that this route may be used against you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:20 am

Suggest contact UK embassy, write and explain the situation.
Register your interest in the child and place on file your concerns as a parent.
Indicate your dis-agreement with any travel plans.

Embassy will at least be aware its not a straightforward case;
they will have your information in the system should a request for travel documents happen to be made by anyone in the future.