ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£200 pounds difference between HMRC and HO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

£200 pounds difference between HMRC and HO

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 am

Hi there

I am going to apply for my ILR visa in a month time. By reading lots of other posts regarding self assessment issue, I was double checking what I submitted to HMRC & HO for my self employment income. But there is a difference of £200/- i.e., I shown £12,800 to HO when I went for visa extension but when I have to pay for my tax return, it includes the fee of £200/- extra for accounts. My accountant claimed it as an expense from my self employment income. Therefore, to HMRC I paid tax for only £12,600/- instead of £12,800/- Which is a genuine expense claim for me after my visa extension. I still meet the criteria of £35,000/- + income threshold. I want to hear from the expert on what they think about my case?

If HO asks about this difference, then I am thinking of explaining the above with my covering letter. Do I need accountant supporting letter for this? Can you please guide me on this?

TechBro

Re: £200 pounds difference between HMRC and HO

Post by TechBro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:52 am

Hi @ ilrapplicant101,

We are discussing the same topic here. Please have a look at here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03170.html