ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

You say HSMP, I say Tier-1!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

global gypsy
United Kingdom

You say HSMP, I say Tier-1!

Post by global gypsy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:16 pm

One reads just about everywhere (including workpermit.com site) that the new Tier-1 is equivalent to HSMP. Can someone clearly articulate the differences between the two, if there are any? Would Tier-1 be more difficult to get thru than HSMP, or is it almost the same as the version of HSMP introduced in Dec 06?

Also, if you are renewing HSMP next year, would it be done thru Tier-1?

Your responses much appreciated.
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 am

Gypsy - you won't get the definite response you are looking for as no one knows yet. The exact criterea will be announce in early 2008.

Some believe the criterea will be identical, and some believe that it will be more difficult than the current rules.

If you are looking to pass FLR next year, you should attempt to meet the current critera, and a little more as a conservative approach.

LondonBlonde

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Tier 1

Post by global gypsy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:31 pm

A friend of mine mentioned that the new Tier 1 salary requirement would be £60,000, up from the current £40,000 for HSMP. Can someone here confirm if this is correct? If yes, this would be a significant change!
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

PASS

Re: Tier 1

Post by PASS » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:57 pm

global gypsy wrote:A friend of mine mentioned that the new Tier 1 salary requirement would be £60,000, up from the current £40,000 for HSMP. Can someone here confirm if this is correct? If yes, this would be a significant change!
The HO is expected to follow the original guidance note regarding salary range, so not to panic.

Post- 1st Jan 2008:

Probably, HSMP will end by this date, but those who are either applied or approved by the scheme continue to hold the name HSMP visa until their FLR/ILR is due. After this, they may have to apply under Tier 1 or ILR.

I suspect Tier 1 will also have the requirement of 5 years stay before applying for ILR, as against much anticipated 2 years stay.