ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Income issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bubkin
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Income issue

Post by Bubkin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:35 am

Hello,

Thanks for this really helpful message board!

I am currently speaking to an Immigration Lawyer (who is very careful with how much she is advising at this point as we haven't officially started the application yet, hence we are still to pay) about our chances for renewal of my spouse visa.

Situation:
- My partner was employed full time and was earning above the threshold until his redundancy at the end of December 2015.
- I started a new job in the last week of October 2015, which earns above the required threshold. I was working prior to this; one job was salaried below the threshold and I only worked there part time, and my other paid role at the time was on a zero hour contract, so the pay varied from month to month.
- My visa expires on 28 April 2016.

The immigration lawyer says we should just go with my income as proof of earnings but she is concerned as in order to say I was earning my current salary for at least 6 months before the application, it would leave only 2 days before my visa expires in which to finalise the application. And, my payslip for April will only be generated after my visa expiry date.

As I've seen some info here around consideration of BOTH partners' incomes over the 12 month period, I was wondering whether they'll consider his salary up to December 2015 (he is unemployed now) and mine up to April 2016, jointly?

Bubkin
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa - Income issue

Post by Bubkin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Please help :oops:

AcrossBorders

Re: Spouse visa - Income issue

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 am

My understanding was the 6 month rule for payslips was a recommendation, but not absolutely essential, so maybe you can apply earlier.

Hopefully a more senior member can confirm or deny.