ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee visa -spouse visa- need guidance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naazz

Fiancee visa -spouse visa- need guidance

Post by naazz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:16 am

HI All,

i am engaged but my fiancee is in US currently, i want to know how can i bring her to UK get married here and changing her status without she leaving the UK. Which visa i need to apply which will allow me to do that. Marriage visitor visa only allows you to get married in UK but not settle. Or is there anyway i can get her a settlement visa without going through all this hassle. I want to avoid going abroad getting married and then brining her here it will consume too much time and resources.

Please advice

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Fiancee visa -spouse visa- need guidance

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:28 am

Fiancee visa.

You need to earning £18,600 or over for the last six months or have £62,000 in savings or combination of both.

Visa will cost about £1500 including health charge, I forget the exact amount.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:32 am

She can apply for a fiance visa. https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

This enables her to marry in the UK within 6 months and after the wedding (before the visa expires) apply for her Spouse Settlement visa on form FLR(M).
After the 6th April the fiance visa fee will be £1,195.
The FLR(M) visa will grant your wife 2.5 year limited leave. The fee from 6/4/16 will be £811 for a postal application or £1311 if the application is submitted in person. Bear in mind that she will be unable to work in the UK until her FLR(M) visa has been granted. In-person applications are generally processed on the same day, postal applications can take up to 3 months.
At the time of applying to FLR(M) she will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 (post 6/4/16 fee) online before submitting her application.

Are you earning at least £18,600 per annum?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

naazz

Post by naazz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for you reply, yes i am earning the required amount. Is there a way to skip all this hassle and get her on a spouse visa directly like unmarried partner. what do i have to prove for unmarried partners.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm

what do i have to prove for unmarried partners.
To do this route, you have to prove with documentary evidence that you have lived together 'in a relationship akin to marriage' for at least 2 years. Visits do not count.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naazz

Post by naazz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 pm

so in short either take fiancee visa route or get married first. apart from that there is no other way to get here on a spouse visa directly right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naazz

Post by naazz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Correct.
Thank you so much!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:50 pm

naazz wrote:so in short either take fiancee visa route or get married first. apart from that there is no other way to get here on a spouse visa directly right?
Getting married in the US would save you the cost of one visa application as you would apply directly for a spouse settlement visa and wouldn't have to apply for the first FLR(M) extension. However, you may want to weigh that up against your flight costs.
Marriage in the US = £1,195 spouse settlement visa + £600 NHS surcharge.
Your wife would have 30 days to enter the UK after the visa is issued and she would have to collect her BRP within 10 days of arrival at a designated Post Office.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

naazz

Post by naazz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:47 am

Casa wrote:She can apply for a fiance visa. https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

This enables her to marry in the UK within 6 months and after the wedding (before the visa expires) apply for her Spouse Settlement visa on form FLR(M).
After the 6th April the fiance visa fee will be £1,195.
The FLR(M) visa will grant your wife 2.5 year limited leave. The fee from 6/4/16 will be £811 for a postal application or £1311 if the application is submitted in person. Bear in mind that she will be unable to work in the UK until her FLR(M) visa has been granted. In-person applications are generally processed on the same day, postal applications can take up to 3 months.
At the time of applying to FLR(M) she will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 (post 6/4/16 fee) online before submitting her application.

Are you earning at least £18,600 per annum?

Which form do i need to use for marriage visa that will lead to settlement visa?? as there are many categories and i am confused with that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:04 am

VAF4A

Settlement
>settlement
>>Fiance
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naazz

Post by naazz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:09 am

CR001 wrote:VAF4A

Settlement
>settlement
>>Fiance
thank you so much, you are a star :)