ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness inurance after gaining PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Comprehensive sickness inurance after gaining PR

Post by basel_jaber » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Dear all,

I have been granted PR dated 23/06/2015.
My evidence of 5 year self-sufficiency (including CSI) was from 01/02/2010- 01/02/2015.
I kept my CSI running after I got my PR and its still running.

As I have completed and do have evidence of CSI now for continuous 6 years (01/02/2010-01/02/2016), is it safe to cancel my policy now even before I apply for british citizenship?

I am thinking of applying for British Citizenship after 23/06/2016 (so its more than 12 months after stamped PR date) just to be on the safe side and not to have to go through the laborious process of providing evidence again.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Comprehensive sickness inurance after gaining PR

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:10 pm

basel_jaber wrote:Dear all,

I have been granted PR dated 23/06/2015.
My evidence of 5 year self-sufficiency (including CSI) was from 01/02/2010- 01/02/2015.
I kept my CSI running after I got my PR and its still running.

As I have completed and do have evidence of CSI now for continuous 6 years (01/02/2010-01/02/2016), is it safe to cancel my policy now even before I apply for british citizenship?

I am thinking of applying for British Citizenship after 23/06/2016 (so its more than 12 months after stamped PR date) just to be on the safe side and not to have to go through the laborious process of providing evidence again.

Thanks
If you have PR in UK you do not need to exercise treaty rights anymore.
No need for treaty rights means no CSI.

Do you have a confirmation of PR card?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Post by basel_jaber » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:14 pm

If you have PR in UK you do not need to exercise treaty rights anymore.
No need for treaty rights means no CSI.

Do you have a confirmation of PR card?
Yes I have the PR card in my passport. I asked only because previous British citizenship applications had a section where it asked for evidnce of CSI for 6 years if somebody was self-sufficient. But the new current one (Jan 2016) does not ask any of that.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:17 pm

basel_jaber wrote:Yes I have the PR card in my passport. I asked only because previous British citizenship applications had a section where it asked for evidnce of CSI for 6 years if somebody was self-sufficient. But the new current one (Jan 2016) does not ask any of that.

Good you have a PR card/vignette.

I don't recall that specific section in AN form, it's a generic form & poorly designed for EEA applicants; (in EEA PR form - yes there was a section on CSI).

Anyway if you have acquired PR you don't have to exercise treaty rights.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.