ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - one year out of UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicwand
Newly Registered

HSMP - one year out of UK

Post by magicwand » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 am

I worked in UK continously for 1.5 years on Work permit and then applied for HSMP. I was in UK on HSMP for sixmonths and then went to US on a exchange visitor programme for one year. I want to come back to UK in this month, i still have 7 months leave to remain. I would like to know whether this one year stay out of UK creates any problems for re-entry.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:14 am

One of the requirements is that you "intend to make the UK your main home", I wouldn't be surprised if you were denied entry.
________
Homemade Vaporizer
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Re: HSMP - one year out of UK

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:13 am

magicwand wrote:I worked in UK continously for 1.5 years on Work permit and then applied for HSMP. I was in UK on HSMP for sixmonths and then went to US on a exchange visitor programme for one year. I want to come back to UK in this month, i still have 7 months leave to remain. I would like to know whether this one year stay out of UK creates any problems for re-entry.
You might get away with reentry but when it comes time for renewal, how do you plan to show your uk economic activity

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:30 pm

[quote="WoodieG"]One of the requirements is that you "intend to make the UK your main home", I wouldn't be surprised if you were denied entry.[/iquote]

I have my bank accounts still active in uk. I went as exchange visitor not for employment.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:35 pm

What is "exchange visitor programme"? What did you do in the US?

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:53 pm

PaperPusher wrote:What is "exchange visitor programme"? What did you do in the US?

Research. it is J1 exchange visitor programme

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:51 pm

magicwand wrote:
WoodieG wrote:One of the requirements is that you "intend to make the UK your main home", I wouldn't be surprised if you were denied entry.[/iquote]

I have my bank accounts still active in uk. I went as exchange visitor not for employment.
That shows you are not a deadbeat and wont need recourse to public funds.
What income have you generated in the uk? Go to the bia website and see what kind of income you need to have earned to renew your visa

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:26 pm

SYH wrote:
magicwand wrote:
WoodieG wrote:One of the requirements is that you "intend to make the UK your main home", I wouldn't be surprised if you were denied entry.[/iquote]

That shows you are not a deadbeat and wont need recourse to public funds.
What income have you generated in the uk? Go to the bia website and see what kind of income you need to have earned to renew your visa

I can stay happily for 2 years without any job. I am not worried about visa renewal but about re-entry on my present status. Whom to contact for concrete answer?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 pm

magicwand wrote: I can stay happily for 2 years without any job. I am not worried about visa renewal but about re-entry on my present status. Whom to contact for concrete answer?
OK well if you are so sure you don't have to work, I wish you luck as you seem to have no clue as to what basis you were granted an HSMP work permit.
Go to an attorney if you don't like our non concrete answers

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:00 pm

SYH wrote:
magicwand wrote: I can stay happily for 2 years without any job. I am not worried about visa renewal but about re-entry on my present status. Whom to contact for concrete answer?
OK well if you are so sure you don't have to work, I wish you luck as you seem to have no clue as to what basis you were granted an HSMP work permit.
Non-lapsing leave

20A. Leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom will usually lapse on the holder going to a country or territory outside the common travel area. However, under article 13 of the Immigration (Leave to Enter and Remain) Order 2000 such leave will not lapse where it was given for a period exceeding six months or where it was conferred by means of an entry clearance (other than a visit visa).

Wont this apply to my case

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:59 pm

I see no reason why entry would be refused. You are still the holder of a valid HSMP after all.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:53 pm

SYH wrote:
I cant really comprehend what this guru wants to convey?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:57 pm

magicwand wrote:
SYH wrote:
I guess you need a brick wall to fall on you to get a clue.
Its the bigger picture. Probably to obscure for you to follow, eh?

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:31 am

SYH wrote:
magicwand wrote:
SYH wrote:
I guess you need a brick wall to fall on you to get a clue.
Its the bigger picture. Probably to obscure for you to follow, eh?

Sir dont get angry

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:40 am

Sir dont get angry
Don't let him get to you! He is not angry. He is just being himself. Hardly any regular users of the board take him seriously! I suggest you do the same.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:12 am

Docterror wrote:
Sir dont get angry
Don't let him get to you! He is not angry. He is just being himself. Hardly any regular users of the board take him seriously! I suggest you do the same.
Excuse me Doc, no need to be prissy with me.

magicwand
Newly Registered

Post by magicwand » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Docterror wrote:
Sir dont get angry
Thanks docterror