ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oneshot
Newly Registered

Tier-1 (General) to ILR

Post by oneshot » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR application approved yesterday with the minimal documents applying at Sheffield premium center. This is my first time I ever booked in person and like to share my experience to all those who is applying in same route. I havent much researched but submitted all the relevant docs with confident enough about the decision making on my application. Enclosed below my cover letter with all the docs attached with my application.

Applicants : Myself as main applicant with 2 dependants (spouse + child)

ONE KEY NOTE: I have seen that you need to fill another form after submitting your docs at the counter, which has a number of questions focusing on Self-assessment. Hence, I think they are more concentrating on this aspect, so would be nice to keep all the SA302's of previous years up-to-date and are clean on figures with relevant to the previous submitted extension applications.

###############
{NOTE: Not allowing me to attach a word doc and thus copy paste the whole content which has removed the table format}

COVER LETTER

Date: Feb 2016

UK Visa and Immigration
Sheffield premium service centre
Vulcan House
Riverside entrance
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU
Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK
& Biometric Immigration Document

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am submitting my application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in UK for myself and my dependants using SET (O) application form version 11/15 under Tier 1 (General) of point-based system (PBS).

Main applicant :
Passport No. -
BRP Card No. -

Dependants applying along with me on this application:

Sl. Name Relation Passport No. BRP Card No.

List of supporting documents enclosed with the application, along with photocopies (where applicable):

General Documents

• Appointment confirmation Email - 01
• Payment receipt - 03
• SET (O) form (version 11/2015) - 01 set
• 2 Photographs each of main applicant and both dependants - 06
• Biometric Residence Permits (main applicant + dependants) - 03
• Passports (current and previous) of Main applicant - 02
• Passports (current and previous) of all Dependants - 01 + 02

KOLL (Knowledge of Life and Language)

Evidence Main Applicant Dependent-1 No. of pages
Life in the UK test pass notification letter  
English Language Assessment of highest qualification by UK NARIC  

POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT:

Points Claimed Evidence submitted
Age <> Passport of MAIN APPLICANT. Based on the application for my first grant of leave under Tier 1 (General) migrant. (HO Ref. ….dated….)
Earnings <> - Salary slips, Dividend vouchers
- 12 months Personal Bank statements
- Accountant letter showing exact amount being claimed
- 12 months Business Bank statements
- 12 months invoices
Qualification <> - Bachelor’s degree from xxx University recognised on Points based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1(General) application.(HO Ref…… dated ……)
UK Experience <> P60’s
English Language <> - English Language Assessment of Bachelor’s degree taught in ENGLISH, by UK NARIC

COHABITATION DOCUMENTS: My wife and I are living together in the relationship of marriage since <DATE>. Below submitted some documentary evidences of our cohabitation while in UK.

Evidence Main Applicant Dependent-1 No. of pages
Marriage certificate  
NHS Card  
Letters from Home Office 
Letters from HMRC  
Land Registry Title & Mortgage letter  
Personal Bank statements 
Council Tax Bill  
Water Bill  
Gas & Electricity Bill  
Mobile Provider  
TOTAL

ADDITIONAL COMPANY DOCUMENTS: In addition to all above evidence documents, also please find attached a few documents (about my limited company - xxxxx) as listed below.

S.No. Document No. of pages
1 Company Incorporation Certificate
2 VAT Certificate of Registration
3 Employer Registration & Reference letter
4 Company Information from Companies House
5 Company insurances – Professional Indemnity & Employer/contractors Liability certificates
6 CT603 / CT600 / CT620
7 Company current contract services
8 Company Financial statements for previous years
TOTAL

I hereby declare that all the information provided above are true to the best of my knowledge. However if you have any questions or require additional information while processing my application to grant us with Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK and issue a biometric immigration documents, please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile.

Thanking You.

###########################
Filled this one in section-8B

Refer “SECTION-6 Immigration History”, I would like to briefly add more details about my immigration history.

Provided below my year-on-year absences during qualifying residence period for ILR, reading 17 Feb 2016 as the application date calculating the continuous residence period.

PERIOD ABSENSES (in days)
Year 1 is 17 February 2016 to 16 February 2015
Year 2 is 17 February 2015 to 16 February 2014
Year 3 is 17 February 2014 to 16 February 2013
Year 4 is 17 February 2013 to 16 February 2012
Year 5 is 17 February 2012 to 16 February 2011

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier-1 (General) to ILR in ONESHOT (Some key notes)

Post by jayacpr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:57 pm

hi what were the questions asked in the form given ?

oneshot
Newly Registered

Post by oneshot » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:00 pm

jayacpr wrote:hi what were the questions asked in the form given ?
Nothing more into it, but self assessment submitted for which years' and what evidence docs are you enclosing with the application etc..

I came across a guy whose application was rejected as something not matched with the SA302's submitted to the details on his previous extension application.... which I think its good to keep this information intact...

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:25 pm

is it possible to post exact questions asked in the form please . , it will be really helpful

sharoon
Newly Registered

Post by sharoon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Did you amend any of your returns ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:00 pm

oneshot wrote:Hi,

I have got my ILR application approved yesterday with the minimal documents applying at Sheffield premium center. This is my first time I ever booked in person and like to share my experience to all those who is applying in same route. I havent much researched but submitted all the relevant docs with confident enough about the decision making on my application. Enclosed below my cover letter with all the docs attached with my application.

Applicants : Myself as main applicant with 2 dependants (spouse + child)

ONE KEY NOTE: I have seen that you need to fill another form after submitting your docs at the counter, which has a number of questions focusing on Self-assessment. Hence, I think they are more concentrating on this aspect, so would be nice to keep all the SA302's of previous years up-to-date and are clean on figures with relevant to the previous submitted extension applications.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing an exemplary and 'textbook' example.

My takeaway is that scrupulous preparation is the key.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zahid4776
Newly Registered

Post by zahid4776 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi
did you attached any evidence of absence in 5 years period, I mean any air tickets, letters etc...OR you just gave dates of exit/entry and number of days of absence in total?
thanks