ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Constant

Got EC

Post by Constant » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Got EC - thanks to this board...

Cheers!!!
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

lunaticzombie

Re: Got EC

Post by lunaticzombie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:03 pm

Congrats..
and best of luck for your experience in UK..

I have two queries regarding the funds:
1. how much fund and for how long should you have the funds in your Account? I mean If I get approved my load today then would I be able to apply for EC in next week?
2. Can we show insurance, PF, PPF and other savings in funds?
Constant wrote:Got EC - thanks to this board...

Cheers!!!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:29 pm

Congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

SK
Newly Registered

HSMP Applied in Nov

Post by SK » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi Gents,

As few changes has been done in HSMP i.e XLX file for Salaried folks .. I am intending to apply in this week with XLS file .. Has anybody applied .. can anybody please through some light ...

Please do update the site with HSMP Status for Nov .... Good Luck to all

antony

Post by antony » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:48 am

Congratulations!
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Constant

Post by Constant » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:27 am

thanks,

I have learnt something through this whole process. Every country has its own EC policy. For those applying from other countries its best to contact the local British High Commission.

I went with a long list of documents (since thats what most do here) and the visa officer looked at me with a certain amount of surprise. In the end, the visa was granted only 2 hours after submitting the application form in person with only one interview question "What are you going to do in the UK?"

So for those who are applying from other countries, use this board and its members to understand the law and process but contact the local British High Commisssion as well because they might not even need a long list of documents or the integra process or an interview.

PS. My application was completed using the old application forms (VAF1) and not the new VAF2 which have come into effect this week.

I now await the PBS changes from Q1 2008.

Cheers
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

pktamil2007

Post by pktamil2007 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info. From which country did you apply?
Constant wrote:thanks,

I have learnt something through this whole process. Every country has its own EC policy. For those applying from other countries its best to contact the local British High Commission.

I went with a long list of documents (since thats what most do here) and the visa officer looked at me with a certain amount of surprise. In the end, the visa was granted only 2 hours after submitting the application form in person with only one interview question "What are you going to do in the UK?"

So for those who are applying from other countries, use this board and its members to understand the law and process but contact the local British High Commisssion as well because they might not even need a long list of documents or the integra process or an interview.

PS. My application was completed using the old application forms (VAF1) and not the new VAF2 which have come into effect this week.

I now await the PBS changes from Q1 2008.

Cheers

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 am

Congratulations constant. Can you share with us from which country you have applied?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:07 pm

congrats
Magsi