ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR help with forms

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

PR help with forms

Post by Gazza1591 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:04 am

Hi

My partner is looking to apply for PR in the UK she has been living and working here for about 14 years now, she is originally from Slovakia and I'm a UK born citizen. We have been living tougher for the last 10 years and engaged to be married.

We have downloaded the forms and notes but are struggling to fill parts of the application out. Is there any company or government body that will help us fill the forms out correct.
From what we can tell she is eligible for PR, as said she has been here for 14 years and in employment the whole time, we have bank statements, and other letters to prove she has been at are address for the last 5+ years where we live tougher, and have letters from her last 2 employer to prove the dates she was working with them which equates to more than 5 years.

Can anyone point us in the right direction for help and advice and from the above is she eligible to apply for it??

noajthan

Re: PR help with forms

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:17 am

Gazza1591 wrote:Hi

My partner is looking to apply for PR in the UK she has been living and working here for about 14 years now, she is originally from Slovakia and I'm a UK born citizen. We have been living tougher for the last 10 years and engaged to be married.

We have downloaded the forms and notes but are struggling to fill parts of the application out. Is there any company or government body that will help us fill the forms out correct.
From what we can tell she is eligible for PR, as said she has been here for 14 years and in employment the whole time, we have bank statements, and other letters to prove she has been at are address for the last 5+ years where we live tougher, and have letters from her last 2 employer to prove the dates she was working with them which equates to more than 5 years.

Can anyone point us in the right direction for help and advice and from the above is she eligible to apply for it??
Well you could go to an OISC registered immigration advisor or go to a solicitor (lawyer) experienced in EEA matters.
Or you can post here and good people will surely help.

In a nutshell...

As you are British its all about your partner.
She needs to have been exercising treaty rights as a qualified person (eg as a worker) in UK continuously for 5 years.

Any absences from UK need to have been within prescribed limits in order to maintain continuity of residence.

:idea: It is quite likely she has already acquired PR automatically already.
What she will apply for, on form 'EEA (PR)', is a 'confirmation of PR' card.

:arrow: You just need to pick any 5-year period with good supporting documentary evidence.
(It doesn't have to be the last 5 years).

Note as applicant is from Slovakia (an A8 country), was she fully & properly registered on WRS :?:
:arrow: Or it may be she was exempt from WRS if already working in UK before 2004. You will have to dig into that.

Suggest print off relevant sections of the form & have (another) go at completing it.
See how it shapes up.

:idea: Note if partner has ambitions for privilege of citizenship then try to choose a period by which she has already acquired PR over 1 year ago.
Then she would be able to apply to naturalise as soon as she got the PR card; (asssuming all other requirements have been/can be met).

The forum FAQs may help too:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

You are welcome post any further questions here.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:40 pm

noajthan wrote:
Gazza1591 wrote:Hi

Well you could go to an OISC registered immigration advisor or go to a solicitor (lawyer) experienced in EEA matters.
Or you can post here and good people will surely help.

In a nutshell...

As you are British its all about your partner.
She needs to have been exercising treaty rights as a qualified person (eg as a worker) in UK continuously for 5 years.

Any absences from UK need to have been within prescribed limits in order to maintain continuity of residence.

:idea: It is quite likely she has already acquired PR automatically already.
What she will apply for, on form 'EEA (PR)', is a 'confirmation of PR' card.

:arrow: You just need to pick any 5-year period with good supporting documentary evidence.
(It doesn't have to be the last 5 years).

Note as applicant is from Slovakia (an A8 country), was she fully & properly registered on WRS :?:
:arrow: Or it may be she was exempt from WRS if already working in UK before 2004. You will have to dig into that.

Suggest print off relevant sections of the form & have (another) go at completing it.
See how it shapes up.

:idea: Note if partner has ambitions for privilege of citizenship then try to choose a period by which she has already acquired PR over 1 year ago.
Then she would be able to apply to naturalise as soon as she got the PR card; (asssuming all other requirements have been/can be met).

The forum FAQs may help too:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

You are welcome post any further questions here.

Hi thanks for the reply sorry only just see it. How would she still all ready have PR if never applied for it? If she has is there any way to confirm it with out having to fill the forms in?

In with regards to the help filling the forms in what does the OISC mean?

The only time she has been out the UK is for about 2 weeks a year for summer holidays.

She is only looking to apply for PR, as not the referendum is happening in June, if we do leave the Eu she is worried they may ship her back to Slovakia

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Gazza1591 wrote:Hi thanks for the reply sorry only just see it. How would she still all ready have PR if never applied for it? If she has is there any way to confirm it with out having to fill the forms in?

In with regards to the help filling the forms in what does the OISC mean?

The only time she has been out the UK is for about 2 weeks a year for summer holidays.

She is only looking to apply for PR, as not the referendum is happening in June, if we do leave the Eu she is worried they may ship her back to Slovakia
You don't quite understand that PR is acquired automatically by the act of exercising treaty rights by a qualified person.
Or an EEA national can acquire PR on behalf of their dependents by being their sponsor.

As I mentioned above, it is quite likely your better half has already acquired PR already.
What she will have to apply for now, on form 'EEA (PR)', is simply a 'confirmation of PR' card.

A PR card is the only practical way someone can confirm they have PR.
And ofcourse a PR card is now one of the mandatory requirements for the privilege of citizenship.

OISC is the official regulatory body in UK for immigration advisors: Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
See https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmissioner
(Note solicitors/lawyers are regulated by a different authority).

2 weeks absence from UK is well within limits so no issue there.

Don't worry so much about the referendum. I doubt there will be mass repatriations of anybody. Ofcourse I don't know that but its unimaginable.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi.
Thanks again, I really don't understand it all to be honest, so do we still need to fill all the forms out I'd we apply for confirmation of PR? And supply all the bank statements work Confirmation letter from doctors etc etc if we apply for confirmation?

She has worked in factories since she has been in the UK about 14 years back.

Once she has the PR she is looking to apply for citizenship.

Are we correct in thinking If she does apply for the PR and either has it all ready or gets it this means she will have no worries if we do leave the EU she won't be shipped home, don't think this will happen to any that are here all ready just may mean applying for work visas etc I'm thinking as there is no way they are gonna be able to Forse all the eu citizens back to there countries??

Cheers for any replies as said we don't really understand it all just after a simple way to get her PR

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Gazza1591 wrote:Hi.
Thanks again, I really don't understand it all to be honest, so do we still need to fill all the forms out I'd we apply for confirmation of PR? And supply all the bank statements work Confirmation letter from doctors etc etc if we apply for confirmation?

She has worked in factories since she has been in the UK about 14 years back.

Once she has the PR she is looking to apply for citizenship.

Cheers for any replies as said we don't really understand it all just after a simple way to get her PR
Put simply your next step is gather all evidence & apply for (confirmation) of PR.

Suggest print off form.
Have a few attempts at filling in - see how that shapes up.

Keep scans/copies of all evidence, documents, any letter & the form you submit.

As to coming changes see the other forum threads on that topic, also WWW blogs (eg the Free Movement blog) & the media.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:18 pm

OK cheers so it's still the 85 page form we need to fill in then, and on one bit it asked for all accession u have left the UK, we can't reader exact dates, we have are last couple holidays but before that have no idea at all? What do we do there?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 am

Gazza1591 wrote:OK cheers so it's still the 85 page form we need to fill in then, and on one bit it asked for all accession u have left the UK, we can't reader exact dates, we have are last couple holidays but before that have no idea at all? What do we do there?
Give it your best shot.

Try to remember month & year of trips abroad.
Try to recall approximate duration: a weekend , a week, a month.

See if you have airline tickets, travel insurance details, credit card/bank statements that can help you remember.

HO will be trying to determine if you have broken your continuity of residence in UK - that's why its required.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 am

OK cheers will have a go at finding some old statement etc to try and work them out, I take it the HO will have a record anyway of when she has left? Or how do they confirm it?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:39 am

They might not necessarily have a record of trips in the EU and you obviously don't get a stamp in passport for these either.

I have done a subject access request to UKVI to find out everything they hold on me. It will be interesting to see how many of my 15+ trips inside the EU they have a record of. I have also crossed borders inside the Schengen area with no passport control whatsoever so obviously they could never know about these.

I have been in the UK for 25 years but I applied for my PR document on the basis of being in employment from 2009-2014. I only listed absences from 2009 onwards, thankfully it is 3 trips which amount to 26 days in total. I'd be absolutely screwed if I had to list every single trip outside the UK since I came here as there are probably 20 or more and there is absolutely no way I could remember even the year for a lot of them let alone the month and day.