ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romania and Bulgaria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AxA
Newly Registered

Romania and Bulgaria

Post by AxA » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:34 am

Hi all

I have a friend in Romania who just got accepted for HSMP (he got his file and letter back in just 10 days, or something - which is amazing, I had to wait for mine for about 14 months, back in the 2004-2005 backlog) but when he went to the British Embassy in Bucharest to get the EC in his passport, he was told that now, because Romania is a member of the EU, they don't issue any type of visa.

So he is a bit confused, and I could not help with advice, what does he actually need to do when he gets here, just use the Home Office letter when he (or his partner) start working? Or does he need to actually get something in the passport before commencing work? Will anyone believe him that he is allowed to work here with just the letter from the Home Office? When I came here, I had the standard EC in my passport, which was enough for me to work here...

I think there is a lot of confusion about Romania and Bulgaria as they are in the EU now, but cannot work here; and now, some of them can apply for HSMP, but are not issued EC any more.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
A.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 am

depends on the passport. if it's romanian, just walk in; if other than european union, email the home office and ask what to do/where to apply.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:36 pm

As a Romanian he shouldn't have applied for HSMP in the usual way, he should have submitted a BR2 form and received a 'blue card'. If he's got a HSMP approval letter he will need to send that with a BR2 form to get the 'blue card' before he can start work.
________
Fake weed
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Thanks for the replies.

He is Romanian, coming from Romania. But he asked before and he was told he could apply for BR2 only from the UK. So he applied for HSMP from Romania.

Does anyone know how long does it take for this blue card? What about the dependants?

Regards,
A.