ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric enrollment - Issue in the name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh_81
India

Biometric enrollment - Issue in the name

Post by yogesh_81 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi folks,

I had been to the Post Office today to do the biometrics required for the British citizenship of my son. The letter that I received from Home Office had the name mentioned for my son as
"Surname GivenName MiddleName"
Upon scanning the bar code on the letter at the post office, the name appeared on the screen as
"GivenName MiddleName Surname"

The lady on the post office counter asked me to confirm with the Home Office via email since the order of the name did not match.

Has anyone faced this problem before? Does anyone know the email id to reach the Home Office in this case?

Thanks,
Y

yogesh_81
India

Re: Biometric enrollment - Issue in the name

Post by yogesh_81 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Any response will be much appreciated.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Yogesh,

My Biometrics letter stated my name as First Name + Middle Name and Surname,

I think you must email them at NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.dsi.gov.uk and clarify from them requesting to issue to the biometrics letter again with the correct order of name
as Given Name + Surname

It looks very frustrating at this point but in my view its better to get it sorted now to avoid the wrong order of name written on the Naturalization certificate or on passport.

yogesh_81
India

Post by yogesh_81 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks for your response tehminamazher. Yes, you are right. Will reach out to them and get this sorted.

Thanks,
Y