ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel using resident permit card?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweet fatima
United Kingdom

travel using resident permit card?

Post by sweet fatima » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

hi,

i currently have a pakistani passport. i am living in uk as a spouse of british citizen. i will be applying for my extension in august 2016. in the mean time can i go on holiday for a week using my bio metric resident permit card. will it effect me applying for my extension later. u see i havent travelled since ive come to uk

thanks

secret.simon

Re: travel using resident permit card?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:43 pm

People on spouse visas are allowed absences that are limited and for good reason.

A short vacation of a week is allowed, especially if you are accompanying your spouse.

If you are accompanying your spouse to any country in the EU, you are entitled to a free Schengen (or other) visa.

If you are travelling on your own or going outside the EU, you will of course need to get the appropriate visa before you leave.

But, yes, you are free to travel while you are in the UK, provided you are not gone for a long time.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

So just to understand what you said above. I am on FLR(M) and need Schengen for EU travel. If I am planning a trip with my wife (BC) to France or Italy for e.g. then I still have to apply same way but fees are waived? Condition is we travel together?

BTW on FLR(M) am I allowed to travel out of UK freely on my own to say India or meet my EU friends in other countries? On Tier 2 they used to ask me at UK ports if I'm still with same employed so will they now ask if I'm still with same wife loool?? :lol:

sweet fatima
United Kingdom

Post by sweet fatima » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 am

I have a spouse visa of 2.5 years. I have a pakistani nationality. Can i travel to spain or pakistan using my pakistani passport and biometric resident permit card.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Pakistan obviously yes as you are a citizen but for Spain you will need a Schengen visa.

Whether or not you need to pay for that Schengen visa as spouse of a British/EU national was my question above?

bilalbilal

Post by bilalbilal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:01 pm

@ sweet fatima

yes you can go on holidays wherever you wish to go i myself have been to 2 different countries on holidays in my first 2.5 years visa, also on the way back i always join the British passport holder que :lol:

just make sure you get the visa of a country you are travelling to :D

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:48 pm

How do you join the British/EU queue? Is it only if travelling with spouse or even alone? Don't they object?