ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HRMC Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Subh35

HRMC Letter

Post by Subh35 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR on 30 Mar. I have seen various posts that recommends that we get a letter from HMRC confirming our pay, tax and employment history for last 5 years. I received one recently but it doesn't include the details for current year (i.e. from April 2015 - till date).

I called them up again and they said they cant provide that till April 2016. Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone encountered similar issues with this letter.

I am on Tier 1 General, so don't want to take a chance.

Please advice.

susheel

Re: HRMC Letter

Post by susheel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi,

Last week I have got ILR from a Tier 1 General. From HMRC I have got the SA302 till 2012- 2015 years and full employment history . They did not provide me the latest sa302 for year 2015-2016 bcs year has not completed.

I have just provided the sa302 to Home office . caseworker did not asked a single question about this. I have got the ilr.

So its not an issue for you.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Congrats Susheel, Thanks for your response.

I am employed so i am assuming my salary slips (which i have submit anyways for previous earnings) would act as the alternative.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Subh35 wrote:Congrats Susheel, Thanks for your response.

I am employed so i am assuming my salary slips (which i have submit anyways for previous earnings) would act as the alternative.
I have been given documents as below

permanent Employed ( 12 Salary slips) + Self employed as a Ltd company director ( 12 Salary slips)
+
12 months bank statement
+
SA302 for last 3 years

Cheers

susheel

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

Post by ilruk2016 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:51 pm

susheel wrote:

permanent Employed ( 12 Salary slips) + Self employed as a Ltd company director ( 12 Salary slips)
+
12 months bank statement
+
SA302 for last 3 years

Cheers

susheel

Hi Susheel,

Could you confirm which PEO was it?

susheel

Post by susheel » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:35 pm

ilruk2016 wrote:
susheel wrote:

+
12 months bank statement
+
SA302 for last 3 years

Cheers

susheel

Hi Susheel,

Could you confirm which PEO was it?
I have booked at Cardiff.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 pm

thanks.

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi,

I got an ILR successfully earlier this month and neither did I provide any SA302 nor did the caseworker ask for them. As long as you ahve paid all your taxes and they are for teh amount which is above your earnings threshold it should be fine.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Subh35 wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR on 30 Mar. I have seen various posts that recommends that we get a letter from HMRC confirming our pay, tax and employment history for last 5 years. I received one recently but it doesn't include the details for current year (i.e. from April 2015 - till date).

I called them up again and they said they cant provide that till April 2016. Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone encountered similar issues with this letter.

I am on Tier 1 General, so don't want to take a chance.

Please advice.
This is not a requirement at all. This only appears to be an issue as there seem to be a fairly substantial amount of people who suddenly became aware that either their companies or accountants made significant "mistakes" in reported income (and therefore tax) for years where they had to submit income for the purposes of immigration too. If your tax is up to date and your company/accountant didn't make significant mistakes in under-reporting income, then don't worry about it. You only need your last year's payslips (or letter from employer) and bank statements covering the same.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.