ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gwau
Newly Registered

Good character requirement

Post by Gwau » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:03 am

Hi
I am applying for British citizenship under "born before 1983 to a British mother" ( UKM form)

I am a little confused to what to put in the good character requirement section.

1. I am a self funded retiree so I do not apply to any of the 4 options given ( director, employed etc)
2. address of employer is not applicable?
2. address of tax office or reference. I pay taxes in Australia as I am an Australian.

Do I leave these sections blank or just write in I am a self funded retiree?

Help with what is required here would be appreciated

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Good character requirement

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:14 am

Gwau wrote:Hi
I am applying for British citizenship under "born before 1983 to a British mother" ( UKM form)

I am a little confused to what to put in the good character requirement section.

1. I am a self funded retiree so I do not apply to any of the 4 options given ( director, employed etc)
2. address of employer is not applicable?
2. address of tax office or reference. I pay taxes in Australia as I am an Australian.

Do I leave these sections blank or just write in I am a self funded retiree?

Help with what is required here would be appreciated

Thanks
Answer Q1.45 as "not employed" or "retired" etc - leave rest blank as they clearly don't apply.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Where do you live, in Australia or in the UK? If in Australia then the HMRC tax reference number is irrelevant but if you do live in the UK then I presume you ought to be paying income tax here in the UK, no?

Gwau
Newly Registered

Post by Gwau » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks for the replies, you have reassured me I was correct. Yes I live in Australia.

Probably wont proceed at this stage as I have been doing more reading on this forum and it seems they need my Australian passport for what could be months, then again to get an actual passport ( assuming I am granted citizenship, though with British mother and grandparents I assume I would be). We have travel plans that start in 3 months so looks like i have left it too late..will be traveling on my Australian passport :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Ops I had looked at wrong form;
for UKM its Q2.1 re 'occupation' - but my point still holds.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.