ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victoria

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dimplex
Newly Registered

Victoria

Post by dimplex » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm

I have been reading your comments for a while and I am really wondering why you chose your career path.

You don't genuine seem to care much about people, why are you an immigration adviser then?

Please treat people with respect even though I know that most English people like yourself doesn't give much regards to immigrants

remember 'there is nothing as a studip question'.

Thank you.

SYH
BANNED

Re: Victoria

Post by SYH » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 pm

dimplex wrote:I have been reading your comments for a while and I am really wondering why you chose your career path.

You don't genuine seem to care much about people, why are you an immigration adviser then?

Please treat people with respect even though I know that most English people like yourself doesn't give much regards to immigrants

Thank you.
OUCH!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 pm

dimplex, totally uncalled for. I suspect the problem is that there are people out there who simply don't like to be told, no, there is no solution in your situation. But no way should that be interpreted as being uncaring.
'there is nothing as a studip question'.
Maybe not, but there is such a thing as a question that has been asked many times before, and a quick search would produce the answer to the query without posting the question yet again.

We all give freely of our time on this Board, and Victoria, you are most welcome to continue to do so.
John

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:21 pm

Whether the comment is based in reality or not isn't what bothers me.
What bothers me is that the person specifically opened a new id to say whatever he wanted, to get it off his chest instead of just saying it from the id and thread that created his frustration.
Oh well. can't really respect that.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:07 pm

How feeble.

Victoria, like others on this board, is a professional giving advice for FREE to help people out.

Her advice usually is spot on, I've not noticed her get anything wrong.

It's remarkably rude and ungenerous of you to post in this way.

Victoria isn't the Home Office. So she can't change the rules to please you!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:43 am

dimplex wrote:remember 'there is nothing as a studip question'.
Maybe.... but apparently, we categorically can't say the same thing about you!
Jabi

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:36 am

May be Dimplex is just that, DIM and PERPLEXED.

Victoria gives free and good advise, you don't have to like it, but don't shoot the messenger.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:36 am

dimplex wrote:You don't genuine seem to care much about people, why are you an immigration adviser then?
I wouldn't have said that about Victoria, but in any case - don't forget that in order to give the best advice, a professional sometimes has to detach himself or herself somewhat from the situation, stand back and assess things in an unemotional way. Doctors do this all the time, for example: how would it be if, faced with a tragic medical situation in casualty, the duty doctor broke down in tears or became so emotionally involved that the best decisions could not be made the work could not be done properly? It wouldn't work. This is not to say that doctors shouldn't "have a heart", but it is a question of finding the right balance. The same sort of thinking goes for professional immigration advice, too.
dimplex wrote:Please treat people with respect even though I know that most English people like yourself doesn't give much regards to immigrants
I wouldn't have said that about Victoria, either. And I think that your comment about "most English people" is rather high-handed: I know plenty of English people who have a real heart for immigrants, particularly those who have come to the UK as a result of troubles in their own country and also those who have been mucked around by the system in the UK.

But hey ho, the advice on this website is free and, on the whole, good. Victoria's advice seems to me to be good. But it's not compulsory to take it. Ane remember too - the people giving advice on this website (and any lawyer or professional immigration consultant you might seek out) don't make the rules.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 am

Thank you all for defending me...certainly saves me the trouble, and I'm quite chuffed at the kind words.

:mrgreen:

Can I suggest to Admin that this is moved to the 'non-immigration' board?

Thanks,

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sashank

Post by sashank » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 pm

dimplex wrote:I have been reading your comments for a while and I am really wondering why you chose your career path.

Thank you.
I too oppose these say to Victoria. Any advice given by her is spot on and all free. I do not understand what people are after?????

SAS

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Yeah, you give professional advice for free and some people still grumble about the price..

All kinds out there, I guess!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:26 pm

dimplex wrote: remember 'there is nothing as a studip question'.
If you're going to give someone a roasting on a public forum at least get your grammar and spelling right otherwise you look even more foolish than you already do.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:44 pm

dimplex wrote:Please treat people with respect even though I know that most English people like yourself doesn't [sic] give much regards to immigrants
One can certainly demand respect as a matter of course or of reciprocity, but not when one makes a disparaging generalisation clearly intended to show disrespect toward the subject or her English brethren. AG

mads

Post by mads » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I too find your reply disrespectful and rude. This is a open public forum and Victoria takes time out of her day to give advise to people and help.

What would be the point of sugar coating an answer or having to repeat the answer when it's been addressed before?

I would sincerely hope you are a big enough person to apologise.
Partner: British Citizen; Me: SA with ILR (qualified through spouse visa). Updated March 2009 - naturalised.

ukstay
Newly Registered

Post by ukstay » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:54 am

While free speech is welcome, personal attack should not be tolerated.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:18 am

deleted