ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if referee unable to recognise......?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HND STUDENT

if referee unable to recognise......?

Post by HND STUDENT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:14 pm

we know homeoffice usually don't contact referee in citizenship application. unfortunately if homeoffice contact a referee and referee unable to recognise the applicant, what will be consequence of application.please answer my query.thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: if referee unable to recognise......?

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:18 pm

It would obviously be refused due to deception. Why do you ask? Surely no one would be stupid enough risk the whole application by giving the name of someone who doesn't know them...would they :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HND STUDENT

Post by HND STUDENT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm

many thanks for your reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

How bizarre to say that a referee wouldn't remember being a referee. If you are indicating that you'd fraudulently complete a referee, not only would that possibly lead to a refusal but also potentially a criminal prosecution.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Amber, I believe the OP is saying if the referee doesn't 'recognise' them...i.e doesn't know them. Concerning!

This other thread may be connected:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1308686
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HND STUDENT

Post by HND STUDENT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Thanks for your reply.Actually there was no connection each topic. Just pre-caution enquiry to avoid a busy barrister as a referee ,who can recognize you to see your face may be not your name,because may have hundreds of clients like applicant.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 pm

HND STUDENT wrote:Thanks for your reply.Actually there was no connection each topic. Just pre-caution enquiry to avoid a busy barrister as a referee ,who can recognize you to see your face may be not your name,because may have hundreds of clients like applicant.
Such a professional would refuse to agree to be your referee on the grounds they didn't know you well enough;
that's probably one reason why professionals are used as referees - because they act professionally.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:02 pm

And Home Office will not call the referee they will write to them and of course if your referee is unsure he/she can contact you for further details...As Noajthan said...Professional Referee will act professionally...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:07 pm

jigars143 wrote:And Home Office will not call the referee they will write to them and of course if your referee is unsure he/she can contact you for further details...As Noajthan said...Professional Referee will act professionally...
I believe that Noajthan was referring to the fact that someone acting professionally, wouldn't attest to knowing someone personally, when this isn't the case. The Referee unlikely to contact the person concerned for further details and after all, they may not even have their contact details. In this situation the OP has already said that the Referee is a busy person and is likely not to remember them.
(Casa, not CR001)