ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is the latest time I can submit FLR M application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aroon123

When is the latest time I can submit FLR M application

Post by Aroon123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello there
My visa expires on APR 10 2016
I have a premium appointment booked on MAR 28 2016
I wanted to know do I have to apply 28 days before my visa expires? I am very unclear about this?
I am on a spouse visa which is for 33 months and now I am applying for my 1st extension.
Thanks for the help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: When is the latest time I can submit FLR M application

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm

No. You can apply any time from 28 days before the expiry date....or up until the date of expiry.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aroon123

Post by Aroon123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks for the information - very helpful - i was getting worried.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Post again if you have any other concerns before your appointment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bilalbilal

Post by bilalbilal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi Casa, please advice me what to do, my initial 2.5 visa will expire on 21st May 2016 so i was preparing for the extension and found that i have to my IHS £500 this time as the law is changed, so i went on to the UKBA website to book the premium appointment and paid the IHS but then on the next page when i am trying to search for the 21st april onwards dates the system has not got any dates available.

the problem is Home office has sent everyone an email that the premium service old website is closing on the 26th feb if the application is not completed then complete is asap, if cant complete then email us for the IHS refund and that will be paid in 90 days.

my question is shall i apply on the latest date system showes me which is 30th march? which is earlier than the 28days
or shall i just get the refund and apply from the new website and pay again.

Thanks in advance

Aroon123

Post by Aroon123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:35 pm

casa i have just one more question i needed answering I just wanted to make sure if you could advise me.
As my appointment is in late March my 6th month bank statement wont be issued until 1st week April.
I have asked my employers to pay me in advance for March and I have arranged for my bank to stamp and sign a printed statement in the branch.
My question is I will only have 5 and half months bank statements - but they will all show my 6 salary payments - will that be a problem as I don't have the full 6 months statements.
Im thinking maybe I should move my appointment date to 1st week April now.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

How about submitting the bank statement before the beginning of the 6 month period? The last bank statement shouldn't be more that 28 days old if that helps. i.e go back further one more month, if that makes sense?
(Casa, not CR001)

ellingham84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ellingham84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 pm

@bilalbilal and @casa the part where it talks about time to apply for visas is in Appendix FM section 1.0 5 year partner..., section 4.1 page 13 - not easy to find.

In this section it states "...should not apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. Up to 28 days of extant leave remaining at the time of application will be added to the period of leave granted."

I guess this is important if you are applying by post and want to apply in plenty of time if you are planning to go on holiday (me and my wife applied after 31 months and after flrm approval have a visa which extends two months past the period of 60 months) or if you want to apply before the visa fees go up! Could be important to a few people going forward I guess.

dada

Post by dada » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Hello guys,

My visa expires on 26th March and I will not be ready to submit the FLR(M) extension until 7th March, as we are still waiting for bank statements to be sent to us. However I am not using the premium service. Is this OK? Getting quite worried after reading the timelines.