ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Document - landlord references

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Metabog
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Document - landlord references

Post by Metabog » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

Just putting together my application for a permanent residence document. I'm missing a lot of old tenancy agreements (so many years ago!). I managed to get landlord references from all the places however. Do you think they will accept these in lieu of the tenancy agreements? The official guidelines don't mention them as documents I can send but I get the feeling the ones they list are just suggestions? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Metabog
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Document - landlord references

Post by Metabog » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Metabog wrote:Hello everyone,

Just putting together my application for a permanent residence document. I'm missing a lot of old tenancy agreements (so many years ago!). I managed to get landlord references from all the places however. Do you think they will accept these in lieu of the tenancy agreements? The official guidelines don't mention them as documents I can send but I get the feeling the ones they list are just suggestions? Any ideas?

Thanks.
Btw they all provide contact details as well.I was at University for all those years and I have my degrees and letters from the universities saying I was a student.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Sounds like you're on right track.

Don't forget proof of health insurance (CSI/EHIC) for student years.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Metabog
Newly Registered

Post by Metabog » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:43 pm

noajthan wrote:Sounds like you're on right track.

Don't forget proof of health insurance (CSI/EHIC) for student years.
Sadly I didn't have that, I do however I have a student Residence Certificate from 2009, I'll make a very strong case for being exempt due to transitional arrangements. :) It's my only chance sadly, but seems to be valid.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:09 pm

Good plan.

Metabog
Newly Registered

Post by Metabog » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:17 pm

noajthan wrote:Good plan.
Might as well pop you another question as you're knowledgeable! I'm fairly worried about not getting this PR document in time for potential Brexit. I was planning to submit a citizenship application but then they introduced this PR requirement... do you think we'll be fine/covered under transitional arrangements to keep applying for citizenship if it turns out the UK will leave? I'm frankly living in constant fear now that my time in the UK is over.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Metabog wrote:
noajthan wrote:Good plan.
Might as well pop you another question as you're knowledgeable! I'm fairly worried about not getting this PR document in time for potential Brexit. I was planning to submit a citizenship application but then they introduced this PR requirement... do you think we'll be fine/covered under transitional arrangements to keep applying for citizenship if it turns out the UK will leave? I'm frankly living in constant fear now that my time in the UK is over.
I don't know anything about that I'm afraid.
I don't expect overnight changes but that's just my feeling.
Take Switzerland for an example.

All you can do is keep on moving on.

Adapt & survive - whatever the government does with the goalposts or the deckchairs ( - on the deck of the Titanic).

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 am

The processing times for document certifying PR for EEA nationals are around 6-8 weeks at the moment, and even if we vote to leave in the June referendum, if Cameron invokes article 50 it will take a minimum of 2 years to actually exit the EU. So I would argue that you'll get your PR document in time :)

As noajthan says, nothing will change overnight.