ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay in France, Hong Kong passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guillaume
Newly Registered

Overstay in France, Hong Kong passport

Post by guillaume » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:42 am

My girlfriend from Hong Kong came see me in France with a 90 days stamp visa.
She has her return ticket only for after those 90 days.

I called the police service from the airport, they were not able to give me any good information about the consequences.

So, what would happen if she overstays 1 month when she takes her plane ton HK? They told me she will have to pay a fine, also called "regulation visa", but couldn't say how big is that fine.

Also, would that make it to leave schengen (go on week-end to Morocco for exemple)? On the way back would she have a new 90 days stamp?
The law says one can only have 90days in every 6 months, but I've heard that airports border police just give you a new stamp (if you're lucky).
UK is not part of Schengen either, so if we make a trip to London and come back? Do they even request to see your visa when you leave UK for France?

Thanks for any informations/questions.
Bye
Last edited by guillaume on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

guillaume
Newly Registered

Post by guillaume » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 am

also, since she's from Hong Kong, we want to know if she can get a schengen visa from UK. The France embassy in London would be able to make a visa for her?

guillaume
Newly Registered

Post by guillaume » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:49 am

a lot of phonecalls later, it would appear that an overstay in france with a 90days landing visa wont cost you any fine.
Can overstay up to 90days before having a fine.

As for next time she will want to come to europe, I don't really know if a previous overstay in france will have any consequence on asking a schengen visa or anything.

Thanks for you answers :lol: :wink:
Anyway infos/questions are welcome.

globocentro
Newly Registered

Post by globocentro » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:52 pm

guillaume wrote:also, since she's from Hong Kong, we want to know if she can get a schengen visa from UK. The France embassy in London would be able to make a visa for her?
Your girlfriend doesnt need a visa for the schengen countries if she is travelling on a Hong Kong SAR passport. Visa is only required for holders of PRC passport

guillaume
Newly Registered

Post by guillaume » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:23 pm

HK passports get a 90days stamp visa when landing in europe, that's not the problem. We want to know how to get a new visa/stamp without leaving france/europe.