ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of PBS dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwind
United Kingdom

Extension of PBS dependant visa

Post by coolwind » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:15 am

Hi,

I in the process of applying PBS extension for my wife. I have ILR. I have completed the online form. The document checklist in the online form only mentions passport/BRP/photographs(applicant) and bank statements.

Do I have to submit other supporting documents like my passport and brp copy, council tax/electricity bills etc.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension of PBS dependant visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Copies of your documents and 2 years worth of cohabitation documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was going through the PBS guidance and came across the following :

Additional evidential requirement for dependants of PBS migrants whose last
grant of leave was not in this capacity.
38.If you are applying as a family member of a PBS migrant and your last grant of leave was
not as their dependant or you are a child born in the UK, you will need to demonstrate your
relationship.
Where you are married or in a civil partnership to a PBS migrant, you must provide your marriage
or civil partnership certificate to support your application
Where you are applying as the partner of a PBS migrant but are not married or in a civil
partnership with them you will need to provide documents to show that you have been living in
a relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership for a period of at least two years - documents
should therefore cover the whole of this period. Documents will only be accepted where they are
from official sources such as utility bills or NHS registration:
Suggested Documents
Partners (including spouses and civil partners)
marriage or civil partnership certificates
bank statements
Council tax/ bills
medical registration
utility bills

The statement above indicate that 2 years of cohabitation will only be required if we are not married and in a civil partnership.
Also, my wife was granted an extension previously as PBS dependent. This will a second PBS extension.
Looking at point 38 it seems that 2 years of cohabitation documents are only required for applicants who are not married and are applying for a PBS dependent visa for the first time.

Please let me know if you have more information on this.

sadiqA
Newly Registered

Post by sadiqA » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:34 pm

I will be extending as well and i will include few letters of her so do it i hope u must have some letters on her name too so y not?

shaily77
Newly Registered

Post by shaily77 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:45 pm

CR001 wrote:Copies of your documents and 2 years worth of cohabitation documents.
Do you need copy of full passport or ID pages only particularly in case of ILR for PBS dependant?