ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to bring dependant on Tier 2 VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

layman2016
Newly Registered

Planning to bring dependant on Tier 2 VISA

Post by layman2016 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi,
I am on a Tier 2 VISA right which expires on June 2017.
In June/July this year, i am planing to get marriage (court marriage). She is in India right now and I want to bring her here as well.
I have heard that during the VISA process, home office checks for some marriage photographs.

When you say photographs, what does it mean?
Can it be a photograph taken at court marriage office? and does it have to include all the members of both of our families?

Or we don't need to send any photographs? Is it just to be on a safe side?

Kind regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Planning to bring dependant on Tier 2 VISA

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 pm

You need to submit evidence of a genuine relationship and photographs of the wedding and of you both together is just one way of doing this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Casa wrote:You need to submit evidence of a genuine relationship and photographs of the wedding and of you both together is just one way of doing this.
@casa Thanks..But I didn't quite got my answer. I just need to know
1. if the photograph should include both our family members as well?
2. Can we show the picture taken at the marriage office?

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Well you can only submit the photographs that have been taken...hopefully ones that show this isn't a marriage of convenience. Photos including family would be more convincing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Casa wrote:Well you can only submit the photographs that have been taken...hopefully ones that show this isn't a marriage of convenience. Photos including family would be more convincing.
@Case thanks once again... :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:51 pm

The Entry Clearance Office will appreciate cultural/religious customs before the marriage ceremony, but ensure you submit evidence of all contact between you following the wedding.
(Casa, not CR001)

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Casa wrote:The Entry Clearance Office will appreciate cultural/religious customs before the marriage ceremony, but ensure you submit evidence of all contact between you following the wedding.
Thanks @Casa.
But I am only doing a court marriage. So there won't be any special marriage ceremony(cultural).
Looks like i have to wait for a next year then cause I cannot send them cultural ceremony photographs now..... :cry:

kind regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 pm

You don't have to. Surely you have other photos of you together apart from the court ceremony? I've already said that it's just an important to submit evidence of how you keep in contact after the wedding.
As a matter of interest, why are you intending to wait for a year after the court ceremony before celebrating the marriage?
(Casa, not CR001)

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Casa wrote:You don't have to. Surely you have other photos of you together apart from the court ceremony? I've already said that it's just an important to submit evidence of how you keep in contact after the wedding.
As a matter of interest, why are you intending to wait for a year after the court ceremony before celebrating the marriage?
@Casa thanks again..
Actually marriage is fixed next year.
In a mean time i was just thinking of doing the court marriage first so that I can bring her as quickly as possible....

Can i ask another question please? If u don't mind..

Actually I was also think may be I should bring her here after I extend my Tier 2? or it does not really matter?

This is my VISA status
Came to UK in Sep 2009 on TIER 4.
Then got PSW.

GOT Tier 2 in June/July2013
Worked there for 4-5 months...
After few months went to another company with a a new COS.
Now my current VISA expires in July 2017 which I got in July 2014.

waiting for your reply.... :)
Kind regards

layman2016
Newly Registered

Should I bring my partner before or after my Tier 2 ext?

Post by layman2016 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi,
just a quick question..
My Tier 2 expiration date: June 2017.
Planning to get court marriage coming June/July.

Is it going to be a hassle for us if i bring her here before my visa expires? Cause it is not just me but she also has to extend the VISA. How easy it is to extend the VISA for her?

Or it is better to bring her here after i extend my VISA?

Kind Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Should I bring my partner before or after my Tier 2 ext?

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:16 pm

layman2016 wrote:Hi,
just a quick question..

Is it going to be a hassle for us if i bring her here before my visa expires? Cause it is not just me but she also has to extend the VISA. How easy it is to extend the VISA for her?

Or it is better to bring her here after i extend my VISA?

Kind Regards
Have you lived together for 24 months? Doesn't sound like your have TBH......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Easier and more cost effective to bring once you have done your extension. If she applies before your extension, she will get a visa with the exact same expiry date as yours so you will the have to basically pay twice for her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Also, I suspect that Wanderer has picked up on the fact that you may not marry until after your current visa expires. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:46 pm

@Wanderer
Thanks..
But we are not married yet.. I am doing a court marriage first.

@CR001
Thanks for suggestion

@Casa
Thanks..Court marriage is this june/july 2016.

Actually just wanted to know if its easier to bring her here before or after my Tier 2 VISa extension.

Thanks all... :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Well it appears that you won't have the option to bring her here before your extension if this is at the end of June and you won't marry until July. That's assuming you don't intend to apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Casa wrote:Well it appears that you won't have the option to bring her here before your extension if this is at the end of June and you won't marry until July. That's assuming you don't intend to apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK.
Do you mean 'marriage visitor visa' casa? OP can't apply for fiance visa if he is on Tier 2 G.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:Well it appears that you won't have the option to bring her here before your extension if this is at the end of June and you won't marry until July. That's assuming you don't intend to apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK.
Do you mean 'marriage visitor visa' casa? OP can't apply for fiance visa if he is on Tier 2 G.
Thanks missed that. :oops:
(Casa, not CR001)