ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 4 student

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit8910
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 4 student

Post by amit8910 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi All,

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa expire in July 2017.I don't want to apply for extension but My wife wants to apply for student visa for Jan 2018 semester for master course which will finish in 2019 Dec and in Dec 2019 my ten years will finish for ILR.

If I will be out from UK less then 180 days(I will be without visa from July 2017 to Dec 2017) then is it includes in ten years?
can tier 1 student get a depended visa?
can I work full time on depended visa?

Please answer the query.

Regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 4 student

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm

amit8910 wrote:Hi All,

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa expire in July 2017.I don't want to apply for extension but My wife wants to apply for student visa for Jan 2018 semester for master course which will finish in 2019 Dec and in Dec 2019 my ten years will finish for ILR.

If I will be out from UK less then 180 days(I will be without visa from July 2017 to Dec 2017) then is it includes in ten years?
can tier 1 student get a depended visa?
can I work full time on depended visa?

Please answer the query.

Regards,
If you remain outside the UK for less than 180 days a year while you have a valid visa, the time spent will be counted and your continuous period will NOT be broken. However If you leave the UK and your visa expires, you have only 28 days after expiry date to apply for a new entry clearance. If you fail to secure an entry clearance, your continuous period will be broken. But If you manage to get an new visa, your continuous period will not be affected, considering that the time spent outside the UK on getting your new visa will be counted towards the yearly 180 days allowed.
Long story short, if you stay outside the UK between July and Dec 2017 without a valid visa, your continuous qualifying period will be broken.

You can switch to dependant visa from Tier 1 in the UK and then you will be able to take up employment on a dependant visa.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice